Bodysuits, Jumpsuits

Thighmax

I know that I have discussed high heels and boots a lot on this site.  Recently I bought a few dresses, which I still don't feel that comfortable to wear, and I don't know that I ever will,  and I also bought a couple of leather skirts (which I instantly fell in love with).  I have also bought a few pairs of leggings and have been trying to figure out what to wear them with.  

That's when I started looking into bodysuits.  I was wondering if any of you has experience with them and what you would recommend.  I have bought one and it does feel great when on.

What I really like about bodysuits is that they can look good with tight clothing and they don't bulge around the waist which is what happens when I wear my usual mens shirts.

What do you think about them?

• Like 2

Hmmmmm.  .  . This looks like something I may need to try out. I tend to wear rather close fitting t-shirts in the summer, but my bunching problem occurs at the back, which I suppose happens to everybody once you've sat down and stood back up a few times, or bent over to pick up something off the floor. However, I wonder if this is also one of those items which only looks great if you are rail thin.

Hi Thighmax, In the last couple of years I have rekindled my liking for bodysuits for a clean look paired with nice jeans and some heeled shoes/boots. Years ago I tried them and found them hard to find in my sizes except for dancing companies that sold them. Recently (last year) I too found Bodysuit.com as mentioned that is a great place to buy a body suit for men. The sizing is good but I did find that a string/thong bottom often rides up and is above the waist or top of jeans, so the full bottom is much better. I have also bought one or 2 of their selection from the ladies side as well. They do fit no problems. I have also bought a few from Wolford at a much different price but very nice pieces. The Wolford sizing is easy and the shops I have gone into are totally fine to size me and even trying on their pieces in store. They are really nice to deal with and have great service. Here is a link to the bodysuits at Wolford. I have the Berlin, Chicago which awesome to wear and I also got the Colorado body which is really nice for cooler weather. Here where I am I really like the fact that wearing a body suit your backside never becomes exposed when bending over or down. I cold country like where I am is just a nice warm layer with sweaters and tops. I wear them often and nobody notices or says anything, it is awesome!

http://www.wolfordshop.com/new-collection/bodies

Wow, those Wolford bodysuits do look great.  Unfortunately, I see that the largest size they have is large and I do think it is too small for me.  I will also try Bodysuit.com.

I bought a couple of bodysuits from Bebe, they carry some of them up to size XL.  I will let you all know how they fit.  Bebe carries bodysuits that look like shirts, I hope they fit ok.  

Regarding the bulging.  I do have one bodysuit, and the great part is that it goes really close to your body and doesn't bulge.  I do recommend them.  

• 3 weeks later...

Have never really been a fan of the jumpsuit as underwear, spanx and things like that are good when necessary, but to me jumpsuits are usually an unnecessary layer and too many layers makes me uncomfortable. When i was a kid, my mom always told me to wear undershirts with my shirts but i refused most of the time for this reason.

Interestingly, I never had an issue wearing bras.

The vast majority of the time i wear shirts and blouses untucked. For business casual i will sometimes wear a blouse tucked because of the outfit, (blazers etc)

10 hours ago, robbiehhw said:

Have never really been a fan of the jumpsuit as underwear, spanx and things like that are good when necessary, but to me jumpsuits are usually an unnecessary layer and too many layers makes me uncomfortable. When i was a kid, my mom always told me to wear undershirts with my shirts but i refused most of the time for this reason.

Interestingly, I never had an issue wearing bras.

The vast majority of the time i wear shirts and blouses untucked. For business casual i will sometimes wear a blouse tucked because of the outfit, (blazers etc)

Our moms must have been friends. To this day, I can't wear a t-shirt under a dress shirt (Then again I haven't worn dress shirts more than a few times a year) I'm a guy that has that specific shape that will not be improved by any shape wear. That "slim figure" concept left the station way back in high school. I will always be a guy in heels. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 6:45 PM, Heelster said:

Our moms must have been friends. To this day, I can't wear a t-shirt under a dress shirt (Then again I haven't worn dress shirts more than a few times a year) I'm a guy that has that specific shape that will not be improved by any shape wear. That "slim figure" concept left the station way back in high school. I will always be a guy in heels. 

I have some spanx and the like but pretty rarely wear them. Also sort of interesting is that sweaters don't bother me with another layer, but then again most of those are cardigan types and left open. Pull over sweaters i generally wear next to my skin. 

I bought a couple of Bebe bodysuits and jumpsuits.  I can honestly tell you that the jumpsuits make me feel great!!!  I love the way they look.  Regarding the bodysuits, the thing I like the most is that they go into the pants and look good without having extra clothing that you don't know where to put.  

I have had a great experience with this type of clothing.

• 5 months later...

I wear wolford bodys from time to time.  I've had a look at the site bodysuit.com just now, they look good but not my style as I wear a body like a cami, for layering, and none of those styles have adjustable shoulder straps or a lower back.

I'd recommend wolford bodys - I have several in a thong cut and scooped back very low, they're very comfortable and the shoulders don't slip despite being wide set and open back (often backless shoulders slip down). The only down side is the shoulder straps - if you opt for a cami styled body are not adjustable so a perfect perfect fit may not be achievable. Wolford are quality!

• Like 2