Buying shoes for others

HHinH20

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone out there likes buying shoes for other people?.

As I cannot enjoy my shoe interest full time, I also love buying nice shoes for friends. I have a couple of friends who are more than happy recipients of new shoes!!!. One even reciprocates occasionally if she has bought shoes she does not wear, or do not fit properly. 

Does anyone else enjoy sharing their interest around?

Looking forward to your comments. 

I have a good friend (female who knows I wear heels) in another city and I have sent her several pair of boots.  After the first pair I found out she can't wear heels (she used to wear 5" heels but a bad ankle and knee is keeping her grounded).  I have sent her a couple pair of OTK boots with flat heels that she appreciated. 

It is a real frustration to see all the heeled boots available in her size (and not mine) that she can't wear.:nono:  She is three sizes smaller than I am so there is no opportunity to share, but it is still fun to shop for her.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 11/29/2016 at 5:16 AM, HHinH20 said:

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone out there likes buying shoes for other people?.

I did that once. In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea. I doubt I'll do it again. But that involves wives more than heels.

When I was in my early 20's, not many knew of my love for heels and boots. While I dated a number of women who knew of my love for them, surprisingly I never bought heels for anyone I dated. Although, I did have girlfriends buy me boots! Haha!

Yet, there was this one girl I was friends with and thought she was absolutely beautiful. She probably could be a model. This takes place in my early-mid 20's when Bakers was still around. She had a love for Jessica Simpson heels, and when we were at the mall, I encouraged her to try some on. When she found a pair of patent red pumps she liked, I insisted on getting them for her as she said she didn't want to spend the money. Initially I think it made her feel a bit awkward, but later when she would go out and wear them to a club or somewhere, she would always send me a picture of her wearing them... :)

• Like 1

I bought my then wife to be a couple pairs of heels before we were married.  45 years later I still buy her shoes and boots.  Unfortunately, no heels these days due to foot and back issues, balance problems, etc.  Not much enjoyment anymore from the purchases, but I try to pick out some with at least a feminine touch to them.  That is getting more difficult as she is moving closer to the need for orthopedic styles these days.