Me and the Wife....

SF

Found this picture on the web.  It summarizes the way my wife feels about me wearing high heels.  I have a wonderful spouse....   sf

27189123214_a54cfa7fc2_o.jpg

• Like 9

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

OK Happy, you threw down the gauntlet - ha ha, so here goes.  Some color.  You are correct, the polish thing is more better.  I started out years ago with clear coats and have slowly worked up to more obvious colors.  Polished nails do look nice, plus if you (me) are going to wear sandals, you feet should look nice.  Take care all...  sf

And... here's a pic with some color !!!!   

IMG_6263.jpg

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I'm afraid I have to be the voice of dissent, and say I think SF looked just fine before. I just do not share y'all's love and fascination with nail polish. It's the one area of fashion on which my wife and I actually agree! I don't think I've ever seen my wife use nail polish, at least not on her fingers.

Mlroseplant,

I used to feel that way, too. I always thought of nail polish as strictly a female thing. But about six years ago or so, I noticed my nails were really looking bad, so I went to a professional manicurist, and what she did to my nails with just a cleaning, shaping and filing, and buffing, was miraculous! I was very impressed and vowed I would go back every month. A couple of months later, she talked me into a clear nail polish, and that was outstanding. Shortly after that she talked me into using a very pale flesh color that complimented my skin. I was hooked and have since done metallics and subtle colors on my nails. She also talked me into pedicures as the "ultimate in pampering." I think she could have sold me a bridge in Brooklyn at that point. Now I wear fingernail polish and toenail polish all the time, but it wasn't always that way!

Steve

Manicure 6-6-14.JPG

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 10:39 AM, SF said:

OK Happy, you threw down the gauntlet - ha ha, so here goes.  Some color.  You are correct, the polish thing is more better.  I started out years ago with clear coats and have slowly worked up to more obvious colors.  Polished nails do look nice, plus if you (me) are going to wear sandals, you feet should look nice.  Take care all...  sf

And... here's a pic with some color !!!!   

IMG_6263.jpg

SF,

Great look on your pedi. I like pedi's in color on my toes too. I wear red and fuchsia colors mostly. I get compliments from the ladies all the time. At first my wife didn't like it on me, but now she is OK, with the colors. So are my daughters, too. On my hands because of the work I do, a full mani, will be worn off in a day or two. On Sundays, I do a clear coat on my fingers, with colors on my little pinkies, to match the color of my ensemble themes, that I'm wearing on that day. I have a full array of colors, that I do wear on my little pinkies. I sometimes match the color of my wife's mani on my little pinkies. My wife gets a professional mani and pedi, on a regular basis. I go to a professional nail salon for my pedi's and have no problem sitting next to the ladies getting their pedi's done too. My nail tech, has no problem doing colors on my toes. She has other men for pedis. Most of them get a clear coat or just buffing, but two other men do get colors. While I'm there she does file my fingernails and puts a clear coat on them. Last July 4th, she did my little pinkies in red and painted  fire crackers, in gold, on them for the holiday. I got several positive comments, on her art work. I love going to the nail salon and would recommend going, to other guys out there.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

To SF's original post - you, Sir, are most fortunate to have a wife like that, take VERY good care of her!

To the (hijacking!) topic of color on male toes - while not wearing any at the moment, I'm more and more a fan and encourage everyone to give it a try. Open toe shoes, IMHO, just look better with even clear or a pale color.

Logjam