Which boots to keep?

Micce

Just recently received new boot for winter.  Almost unisex type, at least if pants are not tucked in... conservative 8-10cm heels, so quite easy to walk with either pair.

However, which pair to keep? One with wide block heels or the other, bit narrower heeled boots? Cannot really make up my mind. Of course love to keep both, but better return one pair as storage space is limited... So I would really appreciate your comments ;)

2016-11-06 10.26.06a.jpg

2016-11-15 17.57.23a.jpg

2016-11-15 17.57.54a.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Micce said:

Of course love to keep both, but better return one pair as storage space is limited.

Keep both and do away with something else.  Failing that, I like the narrow heel.  However, the broader heeled pair has a thicker sole so I will give you longer wear, but I still like the look of the narrow heeled pair.

Either/both look great over/under pants.

Edited by Thighbootguy
typo
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I would also go with the most comfy ones. If both are "comfy", I would also add another point of view: style.

The wider block heel is very "in" at the moment, while the narrow heel is a more classic form. If you want to go for something that will be still totally ok fashion-wise in 2 years from now, go for the narrower heel. If you are like me, go for the block heel. I know that I probably would want to have block-type heeled boots in 2 years from now... and then I won't be able to find such a pair, as fashion has moved on ;)

Thank you all for your comments. Good point that uncomfortable ones would just became dust collectors.  Having about a dozen pairs of stilettos, ankle boots and boots, I have got more critical what to keep over the years. Some favorite shoes are used on a daily basis while some are just collecting dust.

It would also be a good idea to return what one would rather not wear in public, as such pairs would also just collect dust. Now what one wants to or dares to wear of course varies. I for myself have got a bit more courage over the years, while also learning that higher the better does not apply for shoes that need to be used all day. Add to that starting to appreciate more age-appropriate classic styles. Better ditch wild faux leather platforms and stilettos etc, maybe bar a few pairs saved for heeling at home.