President Trump! Say it ain't so!

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

There will now be a long intermission whilst we exchange volumes of 'Essex-girls-with-white-stilettos' jokes.  :reading:    Or not.

Excuse me but I actually own some white stilettos

OK, time to break the trio of Britons here and say this about telling the truth from start to finish. It may be boring sometimes and other times a little more revealing than you may like but it is always fresh and unmitigated. Telling the truth always saves one from having to remember what they told one particular person from another. One version each time every time with everyone. I would draw a distinction from not revealing some details to the entire world. The overwhelming majority of people in one's life don't need to know every detail about you. You choose whom to talk to and what you talk about. Part of the problem with the internet age is people spinning yarns (diplomatic for lying) about themselves and the anonymity (or so they think) of it all. Belief in God aside, we honor our parents and our communities when we tell the truth because it reveals our inner character. Good character is the keystone to all else in life's construction. HappyinHeels

4 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

OK, time to break the trio of Britons here and say this about telling the truth from start to finish. It may be boring sometimes and other times a little more revealing than you may like but it is always fresh and unmitigated. Telling the truth always saves one from having to remember what they told one particular person from another. One version each time every time with everyone. I would draw a distinction from not revealing some details to the entire world. The overwhelming majority of people in one's life don't need to know every detail about you. You choose whom to talk to and what you talk about. Part of the problem with the internet age is people spinning yarns (diplomatic for lying) about themselves and the anonymity (or so they think) of it all. Belief in God aside, we honor our parents and our communities when we tell the truth because it reveals our inner character. Good character is the keystone to all else in life's construction. HappyinHeels

In the words of Huckleberry Finn (who, along with Elwood Blues, is one of my moral touchstones) - "Sometimes it's actually better to tell the truth,"

10 hours ago, Amanda said:

Excuse me but I actually own some white stilettos

I for one glad to hear it!   White stilettos can look great; I well remember when they were de rigeur (early 60's).   It is a pity that they became so maligned, especially with the unfair 'Essex girl' connection.   But signs of renaissance are there ...

8 hours ago, meganiwish said:

I can only guess at what you were up to during History lessons.  The Danes held sway in the North, and being Norse never swalk.

Exactly!   And as a Middlesex-boy (born and brought up there when it was still a county), I can sit comfortably on the fence in the middle of the Saxon empire.

• 1 month later...

Although Trump and his antics are of little interest to me, I watched out of curiosity part of the circus that is the Presidential Inauguration this afternoon (UK time).   

I did wonder what might follow his pronouncement in the Presidential oath ‘… I will faithfully execute …’, almost expecting to hear ‘… Hillary Clinton and anyone else who crosses me’.   Time and history will tell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Although Trump and his antics are of little interest to me, I watched out of curiosity part of the circus that is the Presidential Inauguration this afternoon (UK time).   

I did wonder what might follow his pronouncement in the Presidential oath ‘… I will faithfully execute …’, almost expecting to hear ‘… Hillary Clinton and anyone else who crosses me’.   Time and history will tell.

That's hilarious - because I ad lobbed almost those very same words as I watched the proceedings myself! 

19 hours ago, Heelster said:

Well - - - - At least the Trump women wear nice heels - - - !!

Another way of saying this is that, "The Trump women are well heeled" (in both definitions of the term).

Melania Trump's Inaugural dress

From the above post:  The gown was, according to a statement from her office, a “collaboration” between Mrs. Trump and the designer Hervé Pierre, a Frenchman who moved to New York in the early 1990s and eventually became creative director of Carolina Herrera, where he and Mrs. Trump met and where he worked on clothes for Laura Bush and Michelle Obama, though largely behind the scenes. He left that post last February. This is his first major dress under his own name (he does not yet have a full-fledged collection in that context). ...  her entire inaugural wardrobe — to do what her husband, standing on the steps of the Capitol building, said they would do: “follow two simple rules: Buy American and Hire American.”

Although I'm in the "If your not terrified, you're not paying attention" camp, Melania Trump has an eye for fashion and the resources to realize her vision.  She alone will make the news worth watching.

Just for grins, here is an image from my story "Thighboot Club - A Tall Story".

bumper sticker.jpg

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Strange seeing the intolerant comments here (you know who you are).  Would not have expected that sort of behavior at a site like this.  Make America Great again.....  

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"