My Halloween Outfit

inquisitor

This past week I wore this to work for Halloween. I had been knocking around the idea for while, so when I saw a Facebook post about correlating your birthday with your costume. This outfit started out to be a Japanese schoolgirl outfit, and over the weekend leading up to Halloween it turned into a generic Catholic Schoolgirl uniform. The outfit is simple: A women's blazer with a men's tie and dress shirt, a genuine schoolgirl's skirt, socks and Nike Dunk Sky Hi Premiums. 

Surprisingly very positive responses from women (from several ages--young to old). I got several compliments from women about the my legs (apparently they're nice). One lady (in her 60's) said it was sexy).  Still others commented on how my costume looked like something they wore at school (so I nailed the authenticity of Catholic Schoolgirl uniform). Took about 4 hours for people to notice my Dunk Sky Hi's were wedges (or didn't comment). I ended up riding my bike to work and part of the way home (some of the trip was on bus). 

Got a few giggles, because I wore a blazer and tie on top, so people though I was wearing a suit, till the saw the bottom half. "Business on top; party on bottom."

So you could say I "cross dressed" and wore "heels" on th same day...during the day. Will I do it again next year? Probably. I'm will get the right kind of knee socks.

14719690_1792513951005397_4138434068981219328_n.jpg

• Like 2

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

I tend to avoid Halloween.  I was out and about several years in early October ago wearing boots and a skirt and a cashier asked me if that was my Halloween outfit.  I told her it wasn't and haven't been back to that store since. But I digress.

This Halloween, Loreena McKennitt scheduled a concert in Cincinnati and since she is one of my favorite artist, and I had never seen her live before, I ordered my ticket and spent a while deciding what to wear.  Even though this was on Halloween, it was not a costume event, although some folks did come in costume.  I had just purchases a new pair of OTK suede fabric boots with 4" block heels and since I was expecting to have to do a good bit of walking I elected the block heel pair over a similar stiletto heeled pair.  I wore the boots over denim leggings with a white sweater top and a black leather jacket.

GEDC1039.jpg

I added some eye makeup, false lashes, and eye liner.  I figured that being Halloween I could wear the eye makeup without raising too many issues, but I would have worn it anyway, even if it wasn't Halloween because I like the look.

The concert was great.  I got several complements on my boots from total strangers.  I did see one other pair of OTK boots on a lady, and hers were real suede, but mine had higher heels. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.