Public halloween party next weekend...

swedeheeler

... as I ask myself: do I have the guts to pull on my cowboy boots and complement them with other cowboy items and go to the local village pub where they have halloween masquerade with prices for best outfit?!

Unfortanely I dont have any hat, as my head is very large (circumreference 25.5") I have big problems to find some head attire that actually will fit.

20160901_182246-1.jpg20160830_172850-1.jpg

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 1

The boots really do speak for themselves.  From your picture, add a denim vest and a bandana around your neck and ride'm cowboy.  Or change the jeans for a denim skirt and ride'm cowgirl. :penitent:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Those are exquisite boots. I agree with TBG, add a vest & bandana, it'll really sharpen the look. If anybody gives you hassles about the boots, tell them that you couldn't find any chaps and took the boots instead.

It's normally not my thing, but I do rather like those boots. However, I think you are now running into the dilemma that is modern adult Hallowe'en. During this one day of the year, a man feels like he can get away with wearing something that he otherwise couldn't, and that's probably true. The problem is, where do you go from there? You can't very well show up on All Saints' Day in your Hallowe'en costume, can you?

It's a tricky business, wearing heels as part of a costume, because it's all supposed to be a bit of a joke, isn't it? And of course, as you and I know, it's not a joke at all, so how do you make the transition from humorous costume to real life? In any case, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, hat or no hat. Good luck!

• Like 2

Found something close enough my size http://www.ebay.de/itm/291901249585

Have been checkin around the net. Black hat is useable to most colours on clothes, even the brown.

I'll try to keep the costume serious. But as cowboy there's should be a lasso rope and a gun by the hips.

Edited by swedeheeler

An update. I ran into the same  woman tonight at the bowling alley, knew I would because she and her husband are in the same mixed league. Anyway she asked me if I missed my "WHITE AND BLACK HIGH HEELS TONIGHT". I told her I was feeling a little short. She then said it was "COOL" seeing me in heels. 

Did get my average back to 200 after tonight's games.:fine:

Edited by Jkrenzer
  • Like 1

Without the bandana covering your face, you could wear that as a "normal" outfit.  That may require broadening the definition of "normal" a bit, but the outfit would work anyplace a "U.S Western" outfit would fit in.  The boots just highlight the whole effect.

Well done

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.