And Down I Went!

HeelsWearer

I just posted a picture of my new shoes. When I bought them I didn't realize they were 7 inches high with a 1 1/2 inch platform. 6 inches is usually my max. I wore them to the diner anyhow and it took a few days to get used to them. Well yesterday I wore them and took a nasty fall. It was the first time I've fallen because of my shoes in probably 3 or 4 years. I was walking customers straight down an aisle to their booth and I just twisted on my ankle and went down in a heap!! But hip is a little sore today and I hit my wrist on a chair and that's a little swollen. Hey, it's going to happen from time to time. I am going into work now and I'm wearing the same shoes today. I know my co-workers will get on me (in a fun way) about tempting fate two days in a row :fine:

• Like 2

The "danger" of wearing high heels......  I keep my heels to a max of 2 1/2 inches and have almost tripped a few times - mostly when I was a rookie heeler.  I can't even imagine 6+ inch heels.  Be careful, have fun....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Far from a Supermodel Shyheels, but thanks for the compliment.

BTW - I am not tempting fate tomorrow. I am taking my 2 sons and 2 of their friends to Disney World!! For that I'm going back to my good-old dependable 6 inch heels :cheeky:.

• Like 5

People are making nasty falls everywhere, even without heels. Take comfort in that. I saw a girl fall down with her bike in the weekend. Lots of wet leaves on the ground while being busy on your mobile phone does not make for a good combo whilst cycling.

• Like 2