Weird encounter

Yesterday (as of this post) I was walking home in the morning from the job centre after an appointment.

I was over a third of the way home when I passed this lady, and I can remember her saying "You don't fit flat shoes."

I wasn't wearing my Demonia boots, just my usual trainers I do short trips in.

After this, I'm honestly more confused than complimented. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's something in the way you were walking while in the trainers. I have noticed that I walk completely different in heels than in work boots, and sometimes I think I walk kinda goofy in steel toed boots. I find my feet are more straight forward in heels, and kinda outward in flat footwear. Even taller men's western boots seem to make a difference.

Maybe she was aware of this, and knew you would walk better in heels.

On 14/10/2016 at 8:14 PM, Heelster said:

Maybe it's something in the way you were walking while in the trainers. I have noticed that I walk completely different in heels than in work boots, and sometimes I think I walk kinda goofy in steel toed boots. I find my feet are more straight forward in heels, and kinda outward in flat footwear. Even taller men's western boots seem to make a difference.

Maybe she was aware of this, and knew you would walk better in heels.

My walking style isn't really all that goofy. Although I've realised it is changing a bit, it's still more or less unchanged.

On 14/10/2016 at 9:39 PM, pebblesf said:

Interesting situation indeed....Is there a chance that this woman has seen you wearing heels prior to this encounter?  If so, sure sounds like a compliment to me...

I have genuinely no idea if she's recognised me before. If she was a old school friend, then yes. But I've never seen here before. The last time I wore heels prior to that point was probably the night before just relaxing in my Demonias. :/