MAKING THICK HEEL TIPS

krazykev64

After purchasing a lovely pair of peeptoe boots and then discovering the heels were half inch too short I decided to see if thicker heel tips were available.  
My investigations did not come up with anything.
Now if my peeptoes were stiletto heels I concluded that I could easily fix the problem as long as I fitted steel tips.
All I would need to do is purchase the correct size steel tips and build the tip up with a welder to the desired height then grind it to shape before fitting into the heel.
Its a shame I could not find steel tips for block heels.  The size of my peeptoe heel tips are 30 x 35mm. Im wondering if i could make a heel tip from scratch

Edited by krazykev64

While I can see where you are going, it appears from your comments that repairing this pair of heels is turning out to be more of a chore than you envisioned.  So why not put them in a closet and replace them with a pair that fits you as well and requires no altering. But, I would definitely try them on before paying for them to insure they fit properly and are without construction problems.

Edited by Bubba136
Context

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.