Pump success at last

Spareheels

While I prefer straps on heels for the look, I was frustrated with putting them on and off so I tried some pumps.    However, despite ensuring the right size, slipping out was an issue making walking hard and me not as confident.  

However, when i tried wearing without socks or nylons, I found I was just fine.   Despite being a bit more self conscience with my pale foot showing.   After a few heelings the pale foot concern is a thing of the past.  

Have other experienced this challenge.  Is it the type of nylons I wear?

so much fun to have pumps in the car for spontaneous heeling.  

Look around in the shoe accessory section for some adhesive inserts for the heel.  These are a soft rubbery material that is stuck in the rear of the shoe and provides some comfortable grip on your heel that keeps you from walking out of your pumps.  I have these inserts in a pair of ankle boots that tended to let my foot escape without them.  I think the issue is in shape of the heel area as some shoes grip your heel firmly and others let you heel wander around.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

6 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Look around in the shoe accessory section for some adhesive inserts for the heel.  These are a soft rubbery material that is stuck in the rear of the shoe and provides some comfortable grip on your heel that keeps you from walking out of your pumps.  I have these inserts in a pair of ankle boots that tended to let my foot escape without them.  I think the issue is in shape of the heel area as some shoes grip your heel firmly and others let you heel wander around.

Yes, those inserts are well worth giving a try. I use them myself and they work as advertised.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

All but one pair of my heels are sandals, and I were them barefoot.  The one pair of pumps I have I wear barefoot or with stockings, depending on the weather.  

Have fun in your pumps (or sandals)......  sf

IMG_8832.jpg

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

12 hours ago, hernaezjames said:

Its just a matter of getting the right size and correct fit. I dont buy pumps even if its the right size for me and fit a bit uncomfortable. It should be perfect to wear with or without stockings. 20160910_095802.jpg20160910_182747.jpg20160828_123821.jpg20160830_235440.jpg

Nice pumps HJ, with great toe cleavage :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Henri1942 said:

They look AWESOME.  Good Luck with them and wear them as much as possible.

Henri

Thanks Henri

Yes, I will wear them as much as possible in fact I am still wearing it as I type. I just got home from work and wore it as soon as i got off from work, walk in the basement parking lot, got into my car and drove home (an hour drive because of heavy traffic) and stop by a bank atm machine to get some cash in middle of my way home.

• 4 weeks later...

While browsing the web, I stumbled upon this article, http://www.shoefitnerd.com/shoes/pumps-slip-in-back/ , which goes into great detail about why pumps can be a pain in the neck (or foot). Yes! Guilty of having bought 1/2 size smaller because of heel slippage. Now I know better. It's part of a series of articles that seem to be well and thoroughly researched.

6 hours ago, MightyTasty1 said:

Darn if only Aldo went up to size 12. I like a lot of their designs but they don't make them in my size...

In my country they only carry up to size 9 and most size 9 does fit really small. I was really good that these pumps were made a bit big so it was a nice fit to me

5 hours ago, MightyTasty1 said:

Shoot, I was hoping to get away with a size 11 if their shoes ran big but I guess that is not the case. What is the model name of the pumps that you have?

Aldo Stessy pumps. It does come in different colors and materials. The black leather ones will surely stretch in a few wears.

5 hours ago, MightyTasty1 said:

Shoot, I was hoping to get away with a size 11 if their shoes ran big but I guess that is not the case. What is the model name of the pumps that you have?

Alas, Aldos are famous for running quite small.

On 1/29/2017 at 6:53 PM, mlroseplant said:

While browsing the web, I stumbled upon this article, http://www.shoefitnerd.com/shoes/pumps-slip-in-back/ , which goes into great detail about why pumps can be a pain in the neck (or foot). Yes! Guilty of having bought 1/2 size smaller because of heel slippage. Now I know better. It's part of a series of articles that seem to be well and thoroughly researched.

This was good, informative reading.  Plus, the reader had a good attitude about heels.  Well designed/made ones can work for many people - and cost doesn't always determine if they are a properly designed shoe that fits.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell all of the noted features by a quick glance in the store or an on-line photo.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been fortunate, that I have never really had an issue with pumps that slip off. I have had more of an issue with pumps that run smaller, and suffered through painful break in periods, until they stretched. Part of the reason I believe slippage has not been an issue for me, is that I never half size up, in pumps, as I sometimes do in boots (to allow for socks). As much as I totally love pumps with ankle and t-straps, there's just something about wearing a regular pump, with no straps, and having the ease of removal, and being able to dangle freely, without having to bend down, and unfasten buckles. I love watching women dangle their pumps as well. I don't think I could ever tire of watching an attractive woman playing with her stilettos!

• Like 2