Kinky Boots the Musical

Sydheel

I saw the original documentary a few years ago on TV. Haven't seen the movie. Plan to see the musical in London sometime. Discount tickets seem to be available from TKTS on most days.

I just saw my fave store WITTNER has a kinky boot range in conjunction with the musical. They have red patent boots in thigh high and ankle

I am in Melbourne soon so will have to drop in for a try on.

image.png

Regards

James

Nope, the firm on which the story is based went under, and not all that long after they made the transition from making old fashioned high quality shoes to kinky boots. Holding to tradition, they made quite high quality 'kinky boots' and were unable to compete against the lower quality, but cheaper, imports from China.

Edited by Shyheels

The UK footwear industry was traditionally centred around the Midlands town of Northampton. The firm that switched from traditional footwear to kinky boots was in that town. There is now very little footwear made there.There is a museum. Here's a bit of trivia about the movie "Kinky Boots":

https://northamptonmuseums.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/shoe-of-the-month-trickers/

22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It would be interesting to see the size range in which they offer them, given that they are supposed to be released in conjunction with the musical, and just as interesting to know how well they sell and to which demographic.

Sizing Up to 42 but only the 2 Melbourne cbd stores will carry it plus online

Regards

James

21 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Doesn't sound as though they are expecting a big male uptake then, despite the musical's uplifting message 

Not an official partner. 

I asked Mr Google and the boots for the show cost $2000 ea and are made by a speciality manufacturer gor musicals / movies etc near hollywood

Regards

James