Women shouldn't wear heels?

KneeBooted

Yes, there has been a huge kerfuffle here about high heels since a part time office worker complained about a dress code that required women to wear 2-4 inch heels. A parliamentary commission was set up, and many hours of testimony taken, and much hot air given off including this call by the unions for our heel-living prime minister to forgo her favourite footwear to demonstrate...well, I'm not quite sure what it's meant to demonstrate. 

Fortunately there is not much of any consequence going on in Britain, Europe or indeed the world these days so our crusading politicians have the spare time to focus on making high heels the new smoking, and doing their best to banish them from the workplace.

Edited by Shyheels

Feminists in Western culture are like the unions of old. They both achieved their goals long ago and now keep on going because to admit that they have won means admitting they are basically irrelevant. So they both keep on going with ever more stricter and ludicrous behavior and demands. Although I'm more then willing to admit that at least the unions still have some legitimacy with growing numbers of zero hour and temporary contracts.

Now we can't forget "SAFETY"

We may not be able to get anything done at work, but we can do it safely.

We live in an economy now that emphasis safety above all else. Your safety record in your division is far more important than your productivity. 

If a woman wears a pair of heels and happens to twist up her ankle, then there is a safety issue. If she is out for any amount of time and requires medical, It's an OSHA Record-able which hurts your safety rating. All accidents are preventable (or so they believe) and if one occurs, there there has to be a solution. A full investigation will ensue. 

"""The cause was high heels, so therefore we must eliminate high heels so it won't happen again!!"""

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for safety, but then there is reality - - - and that doesn't exist anymore.

Ah yes, health and safety. Lest we forget.  Not just a tedious bureaucratic issue, but a lawsuit and insurance issue. The pervasive and pernicious American legal culture has spread globally. Twist an ankle - regardless of your footwear - and sue your employer, your co-workers, your supervisor, the boot-maker who made your boots, the architect who designed the building, the cement pourers who laid the wobbly floor, and the quarry where the limestone was quarried to make the concrete. All of them for gross and wilful negligence.         

• Like 1

On 16/09/2016 at 5:07 PM, Shyheels said:

.....Fortunately there is not much of any consequence going on in Britain, Europe or indeed the world these days........

There's a minor problem in Syria.

And I've heard there's an election due across The Pond.

Drumpf in heels would not be a pretty sight.

7 hours ago, at9 said:

So was I:-)

Apart from my last statement which is just a self evident truth.

Hmmmm ------- Drumpf or Shillary in Heels - - - You can only do so much to dress up a jackass regardless of gender.