Steady as a Rock

The real problem with talented people whose work you enjoy so much is that they don't do enough of it before they're no longer with us.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1-9-2016 at 3:59 AM, Shyheels said:

No kidding. One of my favourite writers, Norman MacLean, didn't publish his first, and only, novel - the achingly beautiful A River Runs Through It - until he was in his mid-seventies. And then died shortly afterwards!

Sometimes that's all they have in them. Better to have one or two really good works then a one or two really good works followed by a steady decline. Dune comes to mind. Awesome book that touches about many core themes. The books that followed....., not so much.

How many writers or singers, for that matter, actually quit when they've nothing more they wish to say or produce? Harper Lee almost did. I suppose Abba has - they steadfastly won't regroup because they don't wish to spoil their legacy with what would bound to be badly aged work. There's J.D. Salinger, I suppose. Who else?