TSA Pre-check

So today was my first time flying where I had pre-check. I paid the $85, and am extremely happy I did.

The one thing I noticed though, is that with wearing my new ankle boots, I still had to take my shoes off because the metal zippers set the metal detector off...

now this is by no means a big deal because it didn't bother me in the least, but an interesting observation, considering my belt wasn't an issue, but the zippers were.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey KneeBooted, Interesting, were you coming from NY or on the East Coast? Looks like an increased security precaution after last weekends events, similar to the days following the underwear bomber event. I noticed back then I was wearing wedge boots and had to take them off because of the heel thickness. I think anytime junk goes down we see experiences like yours to beef up the security which is good for our safety.

10 hours ago, mtnsofheels said:

Hey KneeBooted, Interesting, were you coming from NY or on the East Coast? Looks like an increased security precaution after last weekends events, similar to the days following the underwear bomber event. I noticed back then I was wearing wedge boots and had to take them off because of the heel thickness. I think anytime junk goes down we see experiences like yours to beef up the security which is good for our safety.

I was traveling from Kentucky. Now I must point out that our local airport claims to be international, but that is only because UPS flies internationally. No passenger flights from our airport leave the country. The airport here seems to not be on track with other major airports, so I think could be it too. :)

• Like 1

KneeBooted

I just returned from Europe. Was there from 9-1-2016 to 9-14-2016. I wore high heels through the airport and security. The surprise is -- In Europe, people

going through security do not have to remove their shoes. However, When I went through security, YES, I had to take off my stilettos. Go figure.

spikesmike

Were they stiletto boots? Everyone wearing boots of any sort has to remove them. Shoes are generally okay. I often travel in hiking boots and even when they go through the metal detectors if one of  the guards spots them, I get sent back to put the hiking boots through separately. 

I recently visited the IRS office in the Cincinnati US Government building and they had a roust security system in place (along with 6'3" guards).  I was wearing a pair of knee high boots with 3" heels and a black skirt.  The guard said I had to remove my boots and when I looked at him quizzingly he said the metal plate in the boots (the shank) sets off the alarm.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 25/09/2016 at 9:15 PM, spikesmike said:

Shyheels

I was wearing 7" heels w/ 1 1/2" plat. ankle boots.

Thighbootguy

Good for you on the skirt and heels.

spikesmike

Platform boots - I'm not surprised you had to remove them. It wouldn't have had anything to do with the heels I wouldn't think.

thrasherj

I would love to show you and everyone else my high heels. I have some 100 pair of heels with 5" heels or higher.

My problem is I do not know procedures on the methods of how to post pictures. I have had this lap top for 2 years

and found out last month ( August ) that this thing has video capability. There is a positive, I get to wear high heels

every day, every where, all year long.

spikesmike

9 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

Really... I've seen sparely grassed hillsides and utility poles like that in Ohio. :penitent:

Where did you see that stuff in the pic.  All I saw was the hot chick in a white dress with smokin heels 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...