do women treat you like your one of them

Rick24

I wonder have all the guys here came across women who treat you like your one of them, or your in their little club, and this situation happens time and time again with every woman you meet as friends, and its a little funny for straight heel wearing guys, because these women would never give you the time of the day if you where wearing your male flats, I mean its like, I can not believe that women would fuss over us just because we wear a style of shoe on are feet, I mean we guys who wear are heels have came across situations and then we pinched ourselves and said, did that happen.

As @Sydheel said," Not quite as 1 of them but certainly a little differently from normal".  I get a lot of empathy as in, "I don't see how you walk in those heels", and a lot of "knowing" smiles.  Some of the female staff at my favorite thrift store always insist on giving me a hug an commenting on what I'm wearing, both good and bad, but always checking out my heels.  Almost all of my "nice boots" comments come from females.  I think the different treatment I get comes from a common "knowing" what it is to wear high heels and/or boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have been wearing heels for more than 20 years and during that time received several comments on my shoes.  The vast majority of the folks noticing and / or commenting are gals, but a few guys have commented as well.  Like others have said here, I wouldn't say that the gals have considered me "one of them," but they have seemed more interested and complementary when seeing me in heels.  The gals have been more engaging and that is very nice.  sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

As i am a trans woman, yeah i have noticed a steady increase in the "sisterhood" thing. To me it is just about being ourselves and since there is a commonality there with other people, we feel some connection to one another. 

On the flip side, males have grown more distant and there is a definite loss of male privilege. 

I suspect to whatever degree you feminize and assuming it is visible, there will be some degree of that.

Rick24,

I think the members posting before me have exactly made the point. They don't so much treat me as if I were one of them rather they simply relate better to me as they seem the usual psychological (and testosterone-infused) dynamic is not there so there is an increased sense of comfort. None of us heel-loving guys can know what trials of menstruation, or actual gender harassment, or the all the special crap actual women have to go through every time they want to want to travel and make sure they don't do it alone unless it is to work in daylight. But yes, women certainly seem to be generally much more helpful and receptive to us heel-wearing guys. The ones who aren't so obviously receptive do just enough in a retail environment as to not be seen as rude. A sale is a sale in the final analysis.  You will always get better service if you are honest and confident at the same time my friend.  HappyinHeels

4 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Rick24,

I think the members posting before me have exactly made the point. They don't so much treat me as if I were one of them rather they simply relate better to me as they seem the usual psychological (and testosterone-infused) dynamic is not there so there is an increased sense of comfort. None of us heel-loving guys can know what trials of menstruation, or actual gender harassment, or the all the special crap actual women have to go through every time they want to want to travel and make sure they don't do it alone unless it is to work in daylight. But yes, women certainly seem to be generally much more helpful and receptive to us heel-wearing guys. The ones who aren't so obviously receptive do just enough in a retail environment as to not be seen as rude. A sale is a sale in the final analysis.  You will always get better service if you are honest and confident at the same time my friend.  HappyinHeels

Well, I think it's refreshing that's some guys want to put some effort into your presentation. It's not just for us ladies, I think everybody should care enough about themselves to look nice and approachable. I'm all for it. Why should women have all the fun. More power to you. Us ladies stole all from the male wordrobe throughout history. Time for the guys to take a little back. 

Catherine. 

• Like 1

Indeed! I hadn't been aware of the history of fashion until I became involved with this site. Things I've read here have promoted me to look up this interesting cultural history. What I've learned has been fascinating and thought provoking.  

On 8/21/2016 at 10:33 PM, Rick24 said:

I wonder have all the guys here came across women who treat you like your one of them, or your in their little club, and this situation happens time and time again with every woman you meet as friends, and its a little funny for straight heel wearing guys, because these women would never give you the time of the day if you where wearing your male flats, I mean its like, I can not believe that women would fuss over us just because we wear a style of shoe on are feet, I mean we guys who wear are heels have came across situations and then we pinched ourselves and said, did that happen.

No.  They treat me like a guy who wears heels.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.