Overheard in the Local Odd Lots Store

I was browsing the aisles of my local odd lots store when I heard a pair of heels quickly tapping by. I looked up and saw a nicely dressed woman in her twenties wearing a short skirt, stockings, and a pair of beige patent-leather pointed-toe pumps with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

Before I had a chance to move in her direction, I heard another shopper speak to her.
Shopper: Those are beautiful shoes, but I’d fall flat on my face if I tried to wear them.

Heels: Thank you! It just takes practice.

Shopper: I don’t think I could walk in those if I practiced 10 years, don’t they hurt?

Heels: No they’re Italian made of real leather. It makes a huge difference. I learned how to wear them at modelling school when I lived in Philadelphia. The teacher there wore heels higher than these like they were bedroom slippers.

Shopper:  [indistinct]

Heels: I need to get back to work. [laughs] It does take me longer to walk places.

At that moment my girlfriend walked up and told me she was done and ready to go. I couldn’t think of a way to find Ms. Heels and snap a picture, but thought I'd post the conversation here anyways.

Edited by onyourtoes

• 2 weeks later...