Ugly Shoes Thread?

onyourtoes

Isn't there an ugly shoes topic somewhere on this board. I wanted to add a find.

The attached press nearly all my ugly buttons; plastic looking, bad color, low back trying to be a clog, looks like snaps on the side for a strap of some sort, elastic gores, and a center seam. Oh, and they're men's worn with shorts.

20160813_061527.jpg

Edited by onyourtoes

A lot of men's fashion is utilitarian to a high degree. Much looks like it was designed by the same industrial designer that designs things like weed whips or camping gear. There are many exceptions and stylish stuff of course, but it tends to be higher end stuff for men.

Feminine as a design concept is gather steam though and has been for some time. Yes, i am taking liberty with the term, but many designers do. Look at the sleek designs of mobile phones for instance. Not that long ago there were blackberrys and orginal droids etc, now you have very sleek design even screens that curve around the device. 

I'm not sure feminine design is a plus in electronic devices, as it seems to be all style, no content. Give me some good old school utilitarian design when it comes to electronics any day.

As for the OP, Uggs and flipflops. There are other uglies but these two definitely are the kind of winners that are not.