So warm here!

Danvan1600

Yes it is very warm, don't know for how long though. Just bought myself a pair of thong sandals from Next, they are great to wear, brought for my holiday in Spain for late September.

100304[1].jpg

• Like 1

life is not a rehearsal

Summertime = Sandaltime....   Sandals are pretty much all I wear, flats or heels.......   Nice looking sandals for your trip...  Have fun..  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Many thanks for your input. I'am not used to wearing thong sandals, so the toe post bit reminds of what I am wearing, I will enjoy it.

life is not a rehearsal

dww , like the sandals . I would love to find a pair like that with a slight wedge on them around here . By the way , it's hot here (USA) and humid as well . I am really looking foreword  my next electric bill ....LOL 

I'm north east of @maninpumpsby a hundred miles.  Must of our discomfort comes from the humid air that travels north from the Gulf of Mexico.  We are also at he southern point where the cold air from Canada often reaches.  When those two climb over each other we get some interesting "thunder splats", but when the cold air stays up north we just get hot humid conditions.  All that said, I'm still comfortable wearing hose with shorts and flats, or boots with jeans or a skirt.  I haven't been bitten by the sandal bug yet but I may give it a try.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Disgustingly hot here in the Midwest U.S. as well. Outside of work, I never wear anything but sandals, unless safety concerns demand it. I know a lot of people mow in sandals, but that is a terrible idea, attractive as it may be. My favorite type of sandal is the slide or mule, either with a thong between the toes or without. I guess I am a man of extremes--I like either tiny, super flat sandals like those posted by dww, or I like them with giant heels, preferably at least 5 inches. The middle range doesn't do much for me. My wife seems to favor the middle ground, forever wearing 2-3" wedges. It could be much worse!

I prefer the middle ground, too. 3" is perfect for me. I would like to find more thong sandals with a 3" heel, but most of them also have a 2" sole and look like a flip-flop on steroids.

For the past few days I've been wearing a new pair of Sofft "Sascha" sandals with a 3.5" heel and a 0.5" platform. They are among the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. This morning I got compliments from my gal pals ("shoe sisters") in the marketing office of the retirement community where we live.

I keep looking for thongs with a nice heel like these Sofft brand shoes have, but have only found a Ralph Lauren wedge that is too narrow for my bunions and I can't walk far in them.

Steve

Sofft Sascha brown.jpg

• Like 1

Well in BC it is wet with daily showers and thunderstorms. Been quite wet for last 5-6 weeks. Only a few days of heat, which saves us from fires. Still can have a sandal morning and a boot afternoon though!