Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hoborob

Leave this page

Question

I'm suddenly getting a pop up box asking me if I want to leave this page or stay on this page when I select to move to the next page of a message group or to go to the next unread message. Is this a new pop up or is something else going on?

2 answers to this question

I don't get that popup, but I do notice that when ever I login from a new device I get a prompt the first time asking me if I want to get notifications from this site, which seems to be a newer feature...  But no. I am not getting the popup you describe.

Anyway, what browser / Operating System are you using?  Perhaps a browser setting got inadvertently enabled by a patch or recent app install?  I did a quick search online and found people complaining about that happening in Internet Explorer.  If you are not using Windows and not using Internet Explorer, then the rest of my reply is meaningless, so you can stop reading here (not sure what to tell you if you getting that popup using a tablet or phone) :) 

If Internet Explorer is your browser:  click on the Gear icon (top right) > Internet options > Security tab > 'Custom level…' button > Scroll down almost to the bottom, disable Active Scripting and disable Scripting of Java applets. Then click OK.  

Alternatively, supposedly there was a Windows patch from a couple of years ago that caused something similar, MS13-055 (KB2846071).  But since that is a couple of years old, I doubt that is your issue.

I get this from some sites but not this one