Greetings from Pamela at Platforms for Change

Hi, Everyone.  My name is Pamela, an entrepreneur that is close to launching a very unique shoe company called Platforms for Change.  I aim to empower the DIY diva in any of us with a designer streak, while appealing to the common-sense logic of more shoes in less space for the rest of us! :)

This is the first shoe forum I have ever joined!  I look forward to sharing things I've learned along the way -- so feel free to ask questions.  I also hope to get feedback from this community that may be less varnished than what I hear from my close friends and family.  My biggest fear is that I am too close to my "baby" to see her flaws and/or fully appreciate her attributes.  Whether you like what I am doing, or not, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

So...what are your first impressions...good, bad...crazy??

P4C First.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/9/2016 at 9:23 AM, robbiehhw said:

Welcome! Big fan already.

Thank you!  One thing that drew me to this site was it's appeal to anyone that loves heels -- not just women.  It begs the question, what should our production size range be?  We were thinking of just offering sizes 6-10 on our Kickstarter launch, because we are confident we can get enough pre-orders to justify tooling costs for each of those; however, we are are open-minded.  Our desire to be inclusive obviously can't come at the expense of our ability to survive financially, but we have done the math, and would only need 200 Kickstarter orders to justify each additional size.  

For a person that wears larger sizes, I would think our platforms, which allow easy interchangeability of the upper (or top) would be really attractive -- whether they are from us, a 3rd-party designer, or an individual wearer with a DIY streak (we are making how-to videos for makers and DIY'ers).  After all, making or buying tops is the easy part.  Perhaps it would make sense to poll the "larger shoe size community".  

Does this forum have a large enough size 11+ community to provide a relevant sample size?  If so, where do you think the best place to post such a poll would be?  If not, would you recommend another forum or blog to post the question?

I feel fortunate to wear a size 10. As a trans woman, i feel very blessed by that. I have no idea what the average size is on this forum but i am guessing it is 11 or more.  I think you are exactly right that interchangeable tops would have a wide appeal for larger sizes, where shoes are often harder to come by or more expensive. 

On the question as to wear to post a poll, i would ask more veteran members of this forum. 

Also i would suggest a Tumblr blog - Things can spread pretty quick there. I have already posted you over there.