killer heels on way out? rare sighting. ...

killer heels

It's becoming increasingly rare to see women in a decent pair of heels. Ie at least 4 inches without a platform. ...that hurt a bit,  force them to teeter....flex their ankles etc. I can understand why women would welcome this change in fashion requirements but for us fetishists it's becoming a HH desert out there! Of course wearing trainers for the commute is another contributory factor....groan etc! The merest crumb or sighting of something approaching a reasonable stilleto therefore gets me excited. Example: central London 2 days ago...rush hour....unattractive woman however with a good figure. ..tight black pencil skirt...bare legs and bingo black strappy 4.5 inch heels!  Totally unfashionable no doubt! Lovely to see her feet forced almost vertically into the toebox and when walking only tiny steps were permitted with the familiar light clicking sound of stilleto on pavement. She'd probably had them on quite a while  so was flexing her ankles from time to time. So very pleasing but as I say the first decent sighting in some time. Nights out I guess are a different ball game but I'm out less then unfortunately

Edited by killer heels
spelling

You are so right. A trip to the mall verifies that statement. Only a handful of ladies are ever seen with a pair of heels on that have more than a 4" heel. I must say I am lucky because my wife usually leaves for work in a pair of "killer heels". She is not into dresses much but her snug jeans and a tasteful blouse finished off with her heels is always a treat to see and great way to start the day.

Were they ever in fashion? Other then with celebrities and wannabe celebs that is? Rarely if ever do I see a woman in 4" heels or higher with no platforms, they're like UFO sightings. Much talked about but no confirmed sightings. They're being bought, as I see women try them on in stores by the score, but actual wear? 

Sadly there have remarkable decrease in heelwearing during the last years. A woman in any kind of heels whatsoever is a very rare sighting nowdays, even during party nights many women wear flats. If someone do wear heels, their heels is at the highest 3 inches...and the wearer find them skyhigh and keeps complaining that she cant walk much due to her heels.

As a high heel wearer I find this downgoing trend very sad. There arent many things that can lift an outfit as a pair of decent, 4 inch and upp, heels can do.

12 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Were they ever in fashion? Other then with celebrities and wannabe celebs that is? Rarely if ever do I see a woman in 4" heels or higher with no platforms, they're like UFO sightings. Much talked about but no confirmed sightings. They're being bought, as I see women try them on in stores by the score, but actual wear? 

I'd say so. TV presenters were required to. ...girls on nights out. ...heels were obligatory.  At work to some extent. ...

At one time, the 33 candidates for the role of queen of the Indy 500 had a selected wardrobe.  This year when I saw them, each gad their own black/white style.  Only 3 were wearing heels.  The rest were wearing flat ballet, sling-backs - at least no flip-flops.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Yesterday we had brunch at a bit higher scale restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised to see many nicely dressed woman wearing high heels. It was almost worth the high prices for the views! A lot of summer dresses and high heeled pumps and sandals, many in the range of four inch heels.

I have been out doing errands several times wearing my Deda 5" sandals with a 3/4" platform.  Both trips were several hours in duration and I went to lots of places including the post office, Sam's, Dept. Motor Vehicles, Water department, favorite thrift store,... . Admittedly I don't get to many classy places where you would expect to see high heels being worn, but on all my  outings I not only had on the highest heels... I had on the only heels.  It seems to me if the gals are going to abandon wearing high heels, it is time for us to step up (literally) and carry forth the practice.

GEDC0604.jpg

This thread got me to thinking about why gals wear heels in the first place.  Some wear them because they are "slaves to fashion" and will wear anything that the current fashion trend dictated.  Some wear them because they think it makes their legs look good (a point which I do not disagree with) and some just want to be taller.

Now I tried to balance the "why wear heels" with the "why not wear heels" and I came up with these negatives: they hurt your feet, walking on anything but a flat surface is dangerous, and they hurt your feet.

Then I got to thinking about why guys wear high heels and realized there was almost as many answers to that as there are guys wearing heels.  Some of the reasons include, they look good, liking being taller, gets in touch with my feminine side, it's a unique form of expression, it's just fun.

And now why guys don't wear heels:  they're girls shoes, they hurt your feet, nobody else wears them.

All I know is I enjoy going out in heels for all the guy reasons above, but I put on a pair of flats when I carry my purchases in from the car.

TBG

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

41 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Nobody coukd ever accuse guys who wear heels of being slaves to fashion...

Well can't argue with that, although think I'm more of a slave to heels. Sadly I am more often wearing the highest heels in the room - how sad is that.

Shame modern girls aren't embracing the power of the high heel, but fashion is a fickle beast and will doubtless come round again. Thankfully the ladies on here know the power of the high heel, and to that I am eternally grateful. 

• Like 1

i don't think tall heels are really on the way out. You'd see a lot less of them for sale if they were. The fashion industry is a highly data driven one. I think you tend to see them more in urban areas and for evening/going out wear. 

I saw two young women wearing them today walking past my office.

I agree with Robbie. I saw two fashionably dressed young women in the city park on Sunday wearing killer heels. Unfortunately neither had poise to look classy as they clomped along, struggling to remain upright.

Steve

And I guess they are not unknown on the streets of Birmingham (UK) either

Here's the story of a chap - a purse-snatcher - who no doubt sincerely wishes he had not sighted this particular pair of killer heels or at least not the young lady who was wearing them. Aside from her being a beauty queen - on her way to a contest, no less - she was also a martial arts expert. So much for vulnerability in four-inch heels...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7189087/Beauty-queen-in-high-heels-fights-off-mugger-with-her-martial-arts-skills-moments-before-Miss-Universe-audition.html 

Edited by Shyheels

Not quite killer heels but certainly exceptional for my fairly dull neighbourhood in Zone 4 of North London. The other day in my local Waitrose I saw a  woman wearing 4" classic black pumps. Perhaps a 0.25" platform but no more than that.. Not stiletto but certainly not block heels. She walked completely naturally in them.

All hope not lost....a glamorous young woman has just ran the last few steps to my morning train in 5 inch nude platforms!  Way hayyyuy! Also Gigi Hadid was wearing at least 4 inch strappy heels in some photo shoot in today's papers.... :)