NPR High Heel Music Video

First, I didn't know that National Public Radio made music videos, and second, one with high heeled booties.

Here is a quote from video's description: "Chinese-born pianist Yuja Wang isn't one to do anything in half measures. So when we invited her to record a performance in a room at the Steinway & Sons piano factory, she showed up in Queens that frigid morning with her A game.

The 27-year-old ultra-glam artist wore one of her trademark dresses, significant stiletto booties and a Gucci fur stole, as well as some wrist warmers as a concession to the temperature. She played a piece that would chop shrinking violets to mulch: Prokofiev's blisteringly difficult Toccata in D minor, Op. 11."

The playing is amazing, and the heels aren't bad either.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I'm no big fan of classical music but this piece is amazing. How does she move her hands and fingers so quickly? Practice I guess. The look of concentration on her face is outstanding and she seems to be muttering something as she plays. And yes, from the few quick shots seem, the boots look quite nice as well.

Inedible music piece. The fact she is wearing the nice heels is not very relevant though. They may even make the foot pedals easier to manipulate. Not that this statement is anything even near what she does with the piano, I find doing repetitive for movements over a period of time where I need to control something with my toes is actually much easier pivoting on high heels is than my unsupported heels. This is really evident driving a vehicle with either manual or automatic transmissions. 

Coincidentally, a good friend of mine played this piece six months ago at her faculty recital. Sometimes, it's easy to take greatness for granted when you're that close to it. One huge difference between my friend and this gal, however (other than my friend being twice the age) is that my friend may be the world's frumpiest dresser, shoes included. 

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Coincidentally, a good friend of mine played this piece six months ago at her faculty recital. Sometimes, it's easy to take greatness for granted when you're that close to it. One huge difference between my friend and this gal, however (other than my friend being twice the age) is that my friend may be the world's frumpiest dresser, shoes included. 

Give her some tips!!!  (AS you probably aware, to some people clothes are just to keep their parts warm!)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.