Good Advice from a TV Commercial

Thighbootguy

Ford Motor Company has a new TV commercial that gives universally good advice regardless of whether you're showing off a new truck or new heels (or both).

If you're going to make a statement, make sure it's an intelligent one.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It's not a sentence I could disagree with.

But then there's the idea that you're making a statement and that it could be intelligent.  Stupid people are allowed to buy Fords and putting shoes on isn't, for most adults, an intellectual achivement

True, stupid people can and do buy Fords. The subliminal message in the ad though is that while you (the consumer) may well be a moron, you can buy your way into an appearance of intelligence and this purchase (your new Ford) is one that will help with that. You will be makng an intelligent statement, even if you hadn't the wit to do it in your own.

As to heels, it is true too that putting on shoes or boots is not, to most adults, an intellectual achievement, but intelligence is not confined merely to IQ and problem solving abilities. There is visual or artistic intelligence, for example, as well as situational, social and emotional intelligence. Surely taste and a sense of style comes into this, or knowing how to push a boundary - if that is what you are doing - and doing it enviably well.

Oh well... I was going to post the quote without naming the motor car company but I thought they deserved credit for making a though provoking statement.  My intention for posting it here was to give an additional frame of reference for folks (guys and gals [but mostly guys]) that like to make a statement by freestyling.

A digression - It just occurred to me that it is much harder for a gal to make a freestyling statement than it is for a guy since gals can wear almost anything without making a statement.  Most freestyling involves wearing something that is "out of the ordinary" for ones gender, which is much easier for guys

The way I interpreted  the statement, and the thought I'd meant to convey was:

Put some thought into what your putting on.

v

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yes, a gal would have to get costumed-up like she was doing a tribute act for ABBA before her 'statement' would likely to be noticed. And even then...

On the other hand I seem to recall that President Obama was pilloried last year for wearing a (conservative) brown suit instead of the requisite black, dark blue, or charcoal grey. Kind of sad that a conservative brown suit on that most A-list of celebrity males could be considered too edgy...

WOW , I am going to get a Chevy and wear flats .......no , wait maybe ? Think my IQ will be low enough to understand the subliminal message ? Then again my common sense will help me out . Then again , maybe not ? Think maybe we are over thinking this ? Just my opinion . :roll:

1 hour ago, maninpumps said:

Think maybe we are over thinking this ?

For some reason stuff hear at hhplace tends to get over thunk. :penitent:   Somehow you'd think the heels would help to elevate the conversations. :angel:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Not sure what you mean.

I meant nothing negative.  Just a roundabout complement on the insightfulness and variety of the points of view (and occasional bad pun) expressed here at this international forum we call hhplace.

All,

We all here are making some sort of statement with our choice of heels. The most important aspect is we are independent fashion contractors staking our claim on the world stage and we just want the same common courtesy any human being should expect.

Slyheels makes great points about different types of intelligence. I seem to remember a maxim from somewhere:

+Intelligence is inherited at birth and further developed through interaction with others.

+That continued interaction with others and further study leads to accumulated knowledge.

+Wisdom is the unfailing ability to know the difference between the two.

HappyinHeels

• 9 months later...

Just noticed a new Buick commercial that has a gal walking in heels faster than I have ever seen done.  It is a short walking seen at 00:07.

Here is another from Budget Car rental at 00:21:

And one more with Jessica Simpson running in heels:

I've been watching too much TV. :penitent:

:wavey:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is a commercial for a serious product that I didn't believe they would air on TV.

The produce really exists and seems to have attracted a following:  https://www.squattypotty.com/

So why post this on hhplace?

If you believe the theory behind this product, then you could use 5"-7" heels (with platforms) instead of the product. :angel:

:wavey:

Followup: Making the commercial