BTBAIHeels Updates

BTBAIHeels

13 hours ago, maninpumps said:

We all know the grass is always greener on the other side . 

I dont know if I will agree on that statement.

Changed job to what seemed better. But in the end it was worse. Luckily i had the opportunity to return to my old job.

Everyone's story is so interesting that I want to add the short version of mine! My undergrad degree is in Music, I have a law degree and am a member of the Iowa Bar. However.  .  . I've spent the last 20 years as an industrial electrician, and I plan on doing that for another 20 years if I am able. I have reached a very comfortable financial position (for me, anyway). So yeah, life and career might take you far away from your goals and plans in high school. I am not ever sorry that I spent a lot of time and money on my education. It shaped who I am as a person.

I can only speak of MY opinion and MY own past . My intention was not to be argumentative .  I will try to avoid any future post in this thread or any others . Good day and be safe .

Respectfully , MIP

On a different subject entirely, the website of the person who went under the name of Pantera, who I am sure was known on this site for her high heel videos, has been closed down with the simple message - This website closed. Pantera deceased. No other information given or known.

Edited by nyenor
posted in wrong section. should be deleted

12 hours ago, maninpumps said:

I can only speak of MY opinion and MY own past . My intention was not to be argumentative .  I will try to avoid any future post in this thread or any others . Good day and be safe .

Respectfully , MIP

I don't think anyone thought you were being argumentative. I certainly didn't. You posted what you believe to be sound advice based on your personal experience - nothing wrong with that at all. There are no absolutes here. Your point of view is as valid as anybody's. Everyone has to find their own path.   

Mr Maninpumps......  How you??  I did not see your posts (any of them) as argumentative at all, as a matter of fact what you said is sort of the way it is.  In my opinion, so called "blue collar" work is very honorable and necessary.  "Blue collar," "White collar," it don't matter - at least you are working and being a contributing (and high heel wearing) member of society !!!   

Good show !!!!   See ya, sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 1 year later...

Hey all... I'm alive... I have slightly forgotten that this place even existed... Until about an hour ago. I'm looking back to the last time I posted and whew, that was 2 years ago. To get you all up to speed, i'm now 19 and after 5 years of high school I finally am graduating May 26th 2018. It was a struggle for the past 2 years, making new friends and what not, dating multiple people and going through various other emotional struggles with family members dying and others divorcing after long term marriages, I feel like i've been around the block once or twice now. My writing ability is almost there (big improvements) and I'm actually athletic now (kinda forced). Now that I have gone back, my views have changed a bit (for the better) I no longer have depression as I can see a future for myself that is brighter than what I was seeing in the tunnel back then. Finally time to respond to a wise man of his time.

On 4/8/2016 at 6:44 PM, Thighbootguy said:

At 16 going on 17 you are too young to have your mind "set" on anything.  You should have plans and goals but don't lock yourself into anything that will keep you from taking advantage of unexpected opportunities (that drawing might let you see :fine:). Save that mindset until your in your 80's.

At the time I didn't realize the other career paths that I could have chosen. I got into the auto tech program and enjoyed it for a while, after the first semester, I got a job at my local dealership and worked there for a year and a half until I quit back on April 30th. Now while I was in that job, I realized something very important to me. I like working on cars JUST as a hobby, trying to make a career out of it would not suit me. 

On 7/29/2016 at 8:01 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Folks - I don't think the choices here are as simple as Desk/office or labor/trades. There are some folks that like being a position of "being a helper to others" from which great satisfaction is gotten by helping others.  Being a Fire Fighter and Paramedic falls into this category. Preparation for either of these jobs is a commitment and the jobs require skill and dedication.  In today's world, being an auto mechanic is also skilled job.  None of these jobs are "learn it once and your done", rather they all require constant study to stay current with the ever changing technology.

Many years ago I had the opportunity to advise a group of high school student in career opportunities.  I think I horrified the school's counselor staff (they never invited me back) then I told the kids to "Pay attention to what you really enjoyed doing, and then find someone who will pay you to do it".  I also talked about reading a lot and watching less TV, but I really meant what I had said.  I thoroughly enjoyed the work I was doing as a Data Base Administrator and actually looked forward to going to work.

If @BTBAIHeels finds something he really likes... he should go for it and do it as well as it can be done.

TBG really hit home on this one in my book and here's why. As a kid, I always loved anything military, and computers too, but primarily military. In 15 days from now, I get the pleasure to get a paid 13 week vacation In MCRD San Diego while being taught how to be a United States Marine. Everything from my childhood has lead up to me serving this country. My MOS is 0600 Communications, I will be going in to data/cyber security operations which relates to what you did TBG. 

Thanks to all of you as you have helped influence me positively on my journey to adulthood.

Preston

• Like 1

Congrats to you.   Sounds like you have come a long way.   We all have found our way and even are still finding our way thru life.  

Hope you stick  around here!

CAT

USMC ????   Good show...  The best branch of the US military, second only to the US Navy - ha ha....  

MCRD is gonna work ya hard (I know) but go with the program, stay positive / focused and you can do it, as many others have.  Just remember, second place is the first place looser !!  ha ha....       

Best to you and your family.....    sf

TBG hasn't been hangin round lately, but I do see him on occasion. I'll give him the update.

Good luck in your training. Your field has a good potential in and out of the military.

7 hours ago, Heelster said:

TBG hasn't been hangin round lately, but I do see him on occasion. I'll give him the update.

Good luck in your training. Your field has a good potential in and out of the military.

Per TBG

"Please send Preston my best and Good luck!"

Thank you all for the best wishes,  I will try to not forget about this place again, but at the same time I will be gone temporarily, a paid 13 week vacation at a resort that has a no cell policy (for the better). I'm gonna be leaving June 11th, so long waits the adventure ahead. I thank you all that have given me great advice over the years and I am glad that I can serve this country for the great people on these forums.

You will do just fine....  If I can do it (allbeit years ago), you can too!!  Just keep a positive attitude and your eye on the prize......

Smile....    We will hear from ya 13 short weeks.....    sf