Broken zipper pullers.

Ah. Well. I have a pair of Giaro high heel boots in my collection. Sadly unused due to broken zipper pullers. Those boots has been forgotten more or less.

Attempt no. 1 to fix em. Bought replace pullers as you just clipping on place, no tools needed just finger power. I bought 4 pullers, only one got in place, the other three separated and became useless. Such crap quality but good idea.

Attempt no 2. Recently placed a order on eBay, will wait for the pullers 'til they come. Then I will update.

Nah. Doing it myself :)

Actually let a shoes maker change zippers on a pair construction worker boots. That costed 'bout $90 for both. On the giaro heel boots there's x10 more zipper length to change. There's actually limits on how much I'll spend on'em.

I have replaced a couple of zipper pulls and said several bad words in the process.  Once the zipper pull is on the zipper, the real trick is to make sure it is tight enough to hold the zipper in place (front to back) while it is closing yet loose enough to let the pull slide.  This is a fine adjustment I had to make with a pair of pliers to compress the pull and a screwdriver to open it when I went too far.  Another trick is to put some lubricant on the zipper teeth.  I've used paraffin and light oil to let the teeth mesh more easily.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

There are some metal bracket thingys there as well, not so much to hang in a christmas tree tough.. The main problem was that last I glued them, I did not use the clamps as I do now, so the heels was flexing badly.

However. I will evaluate the reparation tonight.

Edit: some more glue on one heel base.

20190412_234634-1008x756.jpg

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 1