How Many is Too Many

Jkrenzer

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 54 pairs of high heels. Most are over 4.5 inches high. I now take one photo of each pair so that I can double check so that a don't buy another pair in the same style. Have two pairs for sale as I find uncomfortable.

I have a more than adequate collection of stilettos, but many of them are the same favorite heels for the backing up of my original favorites when it comes to the point of discarding them. Usually I wear my heels until they have little resale value. Otherwise, I keep extra heel tips for that type of repairing as needed. I am also somewhat of a fanatic buyer when I see a pair of heels that has to be part of my collection. 

Edited by Histiletto
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing is for certain. I've got more than 100 pairs. I've found that out taking pictures for my Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/amaninheels/), so I think I need to seriously think about selling some.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up to 51 pairs, from 49 pairs about 3 months ago. However, I've finally been fairly ruthless about getting rid of some that I simply don't wear any more. In that time, I'd estimate that I got rid of 5 pairs, and bought 7 pairs. I'm still searching for a few items specifically: Knee high boots with just the right thinnish block heel of more than 5 inches (more difficult to find than you might think), Some super-high wedge sandals that do not have a super-thick platform (frustratingly rare), just the right pair of black patent leather stiletto oxfords, to be worn with a man's tuxedo (still looking), and a certain model of BCBG thong sandals (surely there's a pair out there somewhere).

Continue to keep us updated, Joe!

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought boots in particular are meant to be character-filled, personal, involving, with a well-fitting much-used pair being like an old friend. It is hard for me to see how that could happen with 100 pairs.  

In cycling the optimum number of bicycles one needs is generally given as an equation, n+1

I'm selling off a lot of shoes because at some point enough is enough. I will either not wear them because of size or because they no longer thrill me. But in addition to selling I must have thrown away at least 3x as much, more then 30+ pairs. I would like to see the faces though of those who have to collect from the used clothing bins that I used.