Opinion on Hosiery!

Bigfoot15

I would like to get opinions on what type of socks/hosiery everyone thinks is best to wear with heels. I personally have just recently started  wearing my pumps and open toed heels in public. But when I have, it has been with stockings or thigh highs. If wearing boots I still wear regular socks. I have found in my opinion stockings have improved the experience for me. I know It's like everything else when men wear heels, It is do what you like and not worry about what others think. But I would kinda like to here thoughts on the subject. Thanks All!

I would like to promote www.activskin.com, a brand that's made for men. It fits men better, especially tall and big men, and it has the right kind of anatomy. Even if you don't need the functionality of a fly opening, the lower fly panel is comfortable because it forms a comfortable pouch for your male equipment. The selection is good the products are competitively priced and available online, and the customer service is first rate. Disclosure: I'm a partner in the company, so if your order is not right in some way, contact me and I'll do my best to fix it.

Wearing hosiery with heels is a good idea to prevent blisters, let your skin breathe (especially in boots and booties and other closed-toe heels), and keep the shoes from getting smelly. If you're showing your legs, it's also prettier than skin that has blemishes, leg hair, or other problems. If you wear black, you need not worry about shaving legs, if that's a concern.

Steve

• Like 3

I have worn hosiery with my heels and boots for a long time.  I usually wear thigh highs and find them quite comfortable.  I am not going to promote and brand but if you go through the various stocking websites, I believe you will find open toed stockings for your open toed and peep toed heels.

Bigfoot15,

If you use the search box under "Topics" you should find threads about hosiery and plenty of replies. Generally many of us wear pantyhose with heels and our outfits. I wear both thighhighs if I'm going to show more legs or kneehighs on a daily basis. During the warmest months, if not doing any shoe shopping, I'll simply go barefoot wearing wedge sandals or other types of summer heels. I keep my legs smooth and toenails polished. I highly recommend hosiery as well as getting pedicures. I hope all this answers your question. :fine: 

• Like 1

Hi Bigfoot15,

Yes hosiery is my choice to wear with all my heeled footwear.  As Steve said, helps prevent blisters and allows a better fit with the shoe. I only wear socks with the odd pair of boots that fit a little big, after many years of wearing pantyhose, knee highs and stockings I prefer them over any socks. Yes agreed it has improved my experience with wearing heeled footwear and even non heeled shoes. I concur with HappyinHeels too, hosiery goes well with nicely manicured feet, it is a great experience that you can enjoy to the maximum!

• Like 1

Thanks Guys for the response. Steve63130 I'm going to check out the site you suggested. I do buy my shoes online but I have yet to buy hose online. All my purchases have been at a store. No problems so far. Sales clerks don't seem to care what you are buying.

In my case, I only have boots and I usually like to wear them with pantyhose.  In some cases I use tights and on some other cases just pantyhose.  Given that I am still afraid of showing the pantyhose I usually wear socks on top of the pantyhose, I don't really like that but what I can tell you.  

I bought a few pairs of socks from Spanx, which are really nice.  They are dark but have the feel of hosiery.  I would recommend them but unfortunately they are not selling them anymore.  

Using pantyhose with pants is not as comfortable as using them with a skirt or a dress.  In case you use pants you might consider using thigh highs or socks because pantyhose can get a little hot.  

I like to wear hosiery, with my heels and boots. I wear pantyhose, thigh-hi's and knee- hi's. I also wear tights and trouser socks with my heels. Just feels so much better, wearing some type of hosiery, with my heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

I wear hosiery in appropriate weather. More tights than hose and sometimes thigh highs (stay up or with garters). I generally am preferring tights more and more though t depends on the outfit. The only times open toed shoes get hosiery is when there are tights that I'm obviously trying to contrast to the shoe and the rest of the outfit. The look of open toed shoes and anything but bare skin is a hard one to pull off in my opinion.

With boots i do a variety of things, think socks, boot socks, ankle socks, hose and tights

• 2 months later...

Opaque tights are my favourite. Especially with dresses. When I wear skinny jeans, I wear trouser socks with Mary Jane pumps. Very rarely do I have bare legs. I'm a girly girl, so I love nylons and tights, especially textured tights. 

Hi pumpcat, I am so glad to here your comments. I love when women wear hose or tights. Seems the trend is to go bare legged these days. My wife still wears hose with dresses. On occasion she will wear stockings with garters but that is mainly for me. She has said she prefers pantyhose and tights to stockings.

I wear them especially if I am out at the shoe store.   So much easier to slip on high heels or any shoes quick on quick off.  (a lot more fun than putting on those sockies they provide ) And I think some sandals look better on with panty hose.     And  I love the look off nail polish peeking thru  nylons (especially red)      Shaved legs are mandatory tho!      My wife commented years ago when I was wearing panty hose.       Gibby those look awesome, with your strappy sandals!   But shave the legs the next time.....  I have ever since.

My opinions on hosiery have definitely changed, possibly shifting more toward the current fashion. This last winter, i'm not sure i wore hose or stockings more than once or twice. I have unopened packages in my drawers. It was all opaque tights or textured tights. I've also been maximizing bare leg time - starting earlier and going later, a trend i have also noticed. 

Oregon is a pretty cool climate and even later into the fall here i notice women with skirts, boots and boot socks but bare legs in between.

• Like 1

Living in St. Louis, tights/hose is fine in the spring, winter, and fall, but summer it's a bad idea. Way too humid. You'll feel like you've taken a shower when you do get home. Other than that, I've been not wearing them as often.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Has a general rule, I usually wear thigh highs or trouser stockings when wearing heels.  Sandals, barefoot.   I also occasionally wear full fashioned nylons with a garter belt (suspenders).  In my opinion, heels are really are more comfortably and fit better when wearing hosiery.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

18 hours ago, Ynotme said:

I like these fun

image.jpeg

Wow!  Talk about eye catching.....  That's bold!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, inquisitor said:

Seriously. I want those tights and those flats.

Did I miss an auditions for the Munchkins?

munchkins.jpg

I normally like combinations @Ynotme has for us but those are a little much for me. :penitent:

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2016 at 4:13 PM, Steve63130 said:

I would like to promote www.activskin.com, a brand that's made for men. It fits men better, especially tall and big men, and it has the right kind of anatomy. Even if you don't need the functionality of a fly opening, the lower fly panel is comfortable because it forms a comfortable pouch for your male equipment. The selection is good the products are competitively priced and available online, and the customer service is first rate. Disclosure: I'm a partner in the company, so if your order is not right in some way, contact me and I'll do my best to fix it.

Wearing hosiery with heels is a good idea to prevent blisters, let your skin breathe (especially in boots and booties and other closed-toe heels), and keep the shoes from getting smelly. If you're showing your legs, it's also prettier than skin that has blemishes, leg hair, or other problems. If you wear black, you need not worry about shaving legs, if that's a concern.

Steve

Did i learn a valuable lesson. Wore my new heel block booties fits tight. So wearing any sort of medium denier sock fits very snug. So i thought why bother wearing ankle thin socks with them, big mistake. Barefoot with these leather booties blistered my toes and heel painfully, ouch! Looks as i learned my lesson never again. May try to snatch couple those sock pantyhose they offer free at Marshalls when women try on heels. Bought some thinner ankle socks that won't show to badly from my booties.

Just curious and now know wearing pump heel often see women's feet blistered wearing it barefooted. Seeing some woman in flat sandals with band-aids or scabs on their heel or toes like i got today. 

Going to take awhile to heal before i wear my booties again..

4 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Did i learn a valuable lesson. Wore my new heel block booties fits tight. So wearing any sort of medium denier sock fits very snug. So i thought why bother wearing ankle thin socks with them, big mistake. Barefoot with these leather booties blistered my toes and heel painfully, ouch! Looks as i learned my lesson never again. May try to snatch couple those sock pantyhose they offer free at Marshalls when women try on heels. Bought some thinner ankle socks that won't show to badly from my booties.

Just curious and now know wearing pump heel often see women's feet blistered wearing it barefooted. Seeing some woman in flat sandals with band-aids or scabs on their heel or toes like i got today. 

If wearing pumps barefoot lather foot in a natural moisturiser. The staff at 1 of the big shops passed this on. Plus the moisturiser helps the leather stretch and mold to your feet. Ive done it with my pumps

Regards

James

On 10/9/2016 at 11:03 PM, MackyHeels said:

I wear some of my boots barefoot, but you have to be sure that they fit well before doing that. I think a lot of of women appear to be barefoot and what they are actually wearing is no show socks. I do that a lot too. They even have them with open toes i believe, although i do not have any of those. I would personally not wear hose with anything open-toed, but many people do. I see tights and socks with clogs even, so there are no hard rules there.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:03 AM, MackyHeels said:

May try to snatch couple those sock pantyhose they offer free at Marshalls when women try on heels.

I have previously used those "free socks" at various places while trying on shoes. I noted that virtually all of them are about the lowest quality of nylon that you can get. Not likely to last even for one good wearing if you tried them for more that 5 or 6 hours. While OK for a try on they are not made to last at all. If you really want something to wear then purchase some good ankle nylons which will last you and will be comfortable on your feet, those free ones are very scratchy and can irritate the feet very quickly.

if i wear boots i will wear knee highs but if i wear my peep toes i will go barefoot or agin wear pop socks if its a little cold outside.

on the other hand if its cold and i want to wear my peeptoes then i will wear a pair of invisible knee highs.

the strange thing is that i have even started to wear a thicker pair of knee highs with my normal mens shoes as i find them more comfortable

Edited by krazykev64

It is common with ankle boots to show an inch or more of skin above the boot. Cuff the jeans etc. No show socks do the track and they have the advantage of being a little warmer for the toes in colder weather. I also get the kind with the silicone pad on the heel. Definitely helps keep them on.