Creating your style

ANDROgenius

Loving this thread guys, inspiration for us all there! I've just invested in a simple long sleeved black jersey dress that I planned on pairing with dark blue denim 'jeggings' and black suede ankle boots. Not sure how well I'll carry it off, being both beardy and not so slim, but really keen to try now. Thanks :cheeky:

• 4 weeks later...

37 minutes ago, Kittyinboots said:

Thought I would chime in on this thread based on my similar style.

I just had a great night in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.  After a long day on my business trip, I changed into my favorite look.  Tonight I wore my tight denim blue riding jeans along with my tall brown high heel boots in my avatar, bright red dress shirt, topped off with my slim fitting black leather jacket.  Since I was away on business, I felt daring since nobody knows me.  I started out my evening with some complimentary alcoholic beverages and appetizers at my hotel which offers an evening refresher or happy hour.  No one paid too much attention to me. 

Afterwards I headed on out to a local pub for dinner.  What really made my night was a waitress who was working another table came up to me and asked me where did I get my boots.  I was happy to talk to her since she was sincerely complimenting my look.  I told her that it was an Ebay purchase. She asked if these boots were zipper or pull on style, to which I mentioned that they were pull on style.  Then she asked me what brand of boots they were, then I mentioned that they are Italian boots, no brand name specified. 

She thought these boots looked good on me, as she was filled with enthusiasm as she asked me about them. She went so far as to say that my overall look was quite chic and sexy. 

Here is a shot of tonight's outfit from my hotel room.

Boots 111616.JPG

A completely natural look. I am not at all surprised you were not noticed by most, as it is so natural, and noticed only by the waitress who obviously has an eye for nice boots. And she saw them as nice boots worn by a fellow human being, not as part of a costume or freak show. Such easy and open acceptance would have made this a very pleasant and rewarding evening

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kittyinboots said:

Thought I would chime in on this thread based on my similar style.

I just had a great night in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.  After a long day on my business trip, I changed into my favorite look.  Tonight I wore my tight denim blue riding jeans along with my tall brown high heel boots in my avatar, bright red dress shirt, topped off with my slim fitting black leather jacket.  Since I was away on business, I felt daring since nobody knows me.  I started out my evening with some complimentary alcoholic beverages and appetizers at my hotel which offers an evening refresher or happy hour.  No one paid too much attention to me. 

Afterwards I headed on out to a local pub for dinner.  What really made my night was a waitress who was working another table came up to me and asked me where did I get my boots.  I was happy to talk to her since she was sincerely complimenting my look.  I told her that it was an Ebay purchase. She asked if these boots were zipper or pull on style, to which I mentioned that they were pull on style.  Then she asked me what brand of boots they were, then I mentioned that they are Italian boots, no brand name specified. 

She thought these boots looked good on me, as she was filled with enthusiasm as she asked me about them. She went so far as to say that my overall look was quite chic and sexy. 

Here is a shot of tonight's outfit from my hotel room.

Boots 111616.JPG

Well done! That's one heck of a sharp look you displayed!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

9 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Kitty, your killer style is the look I strive for also.  You really do look great, your long legs are perfect for the jeans and boots....

It must feel great to have positive input, thanks for the inspiration.

Actually I'm short, let's just say I'm 5'9" in high heeled boots.  But being small has it's advantage, I can fit into smaller sizes.

Edited by Kittyinboots
  • Like 3

You are sooo right buddy, it is so frustrating to see boots you want, but way too small.  I guess your great boots and nice jeans just make you legs look longer....Today, I stopped at a local thrift store, inspected the boots a few times, nothing real great except for one pair with killer boot chains...I looked at the size, 9s of course, just a bit too small.  I sat down and tried them on anyway....A little tight, but I couldn't resist.  Will be wearing them in Phoenix tomorrow on my layover, will try to get some pictures....

• Like 1