Creating your style

ANDROgenius

Hi folks,

this post is about creating your style, becoming used to wear heels as a part of your (daily) style and having a good time ;-)

Before I start: this is the first posting of a series of posts, where I will show my styles and hopefully motivate you to go out and have fun in heels.

My story is quite long. Starting with 20, when I bought my first pair of heels (too high; too loose fit), then hiding away my boots from my girl friend to a phase, when I was 30 where I started to try to create what you could call "your style".

I know, that for many of you wearing heels in daily life is not as easy as it is for me. But: I think and I got the feedbacks that if your wear heels with style and attitude, things are more easy - and this is what this topic is about.

So let´s start! My experience is that cowboy boots are a great starting point. You can tell a story about them - like about great boot makers like Paul Bond. So it is not only about wearing heels, it is about a story! A cowboy boot outfit can be quite easy to create. I like my shirts not tucked into the jeans, because I like a silhouette that is "flowing". So here is my first look:

red.thumb.jpg.1b40f00a19947640132733df46

Creating your style is about matching things. Here it is a colour - in this case red. A litte bit of more fancy than simple brown boots, these cowboy boots are easy to walk in, have a nice heel and are great for every day. So here is the look:

red1.thumb.jpg.abc79f23b6c1fee436f7a54ac

These days my outfits are more edgy - but as I wrote, I want to help you to create your style and give you some starting inspiration. By the way the jeans is a bootcut male jeans from Levis - style 517. The boots are from Lucchese.

• Like 4

ANDROgenius,

I like your outfit. I don't consider it essentially my idea of an androgynous look. It could be adapted to either men or women but the original cowboy boot from North and South America has often been designed with a chunky riding heel 1-2.5" (2.5-5 cm) high. What I've seen over here is the same shirt and jeans but with a cowboy boot with a higher stiletto heel. I have two pairs of cowboy boots.

Part 2:

As the first look is a very "conservative" easy to adapt look, next look is a little bit more edgy. I bought these boots a few years ago. They are from the Sendra, a brand from Spain. Again here I try to mix and match. Instead of creating a casual look, I try to be a little more "classy".

pre1.thumb.jpg.075490e562c76cfbc0235a14e

Making the boot visible is the key idea. OK - you can hide the boot to become a little bit more comfortable, when wearing heels, but you loose often the style. So this look is now what I call a "daily heels attitude" look.

me4.thumb.jpg.698aac1e79663324289d945b0fme3.thumb.jpg.022b013b39fd6bb8dc16a6a17a

• Like 9

ANDROgenius,

Now THAT'S a great look and very avant-garde for a guy. I could see that look getting rave reviews. Many men don't tuck their pants into their boots like so many women do but you are proof the look can be amazing. I have never worn pants tucked into boots but have worn boots many times with heels above 5"/12.5 cm. ANd yet I'll wear wedge sandals in the summer with 6"/15 cm heels and not hidden under pants. I should consider it after seeing your outstanding outfit. 8)HappyinHeels

Part 3:

This is now about going more into feminine style without being sissy-like. My favorite grey stretch leather leggings are the core of this look. Last week I bought these amazing booties from a small shoe shop. I felt from the first second on in love with is amazing booties. Super soft leather, leather sole and easy to walk in. So I mixed leggings and booties with a sweater and a nice matching scarf. Here we are: a soft & relaxed weekend look.

thegrey.jpg.6003d0bc7bd450602e4fd6c68ce5grey1.thumb.jpg.dcd7885a9832f4578515ba14grey2.thumb.jpg.2d368129d69c5ea6ca1193dd  

• Like 6

Androgenius,

I really do appreciate your efforts for encouraging guys to adapt the more androgynous looks. With our socially taught ideals of manhood, this will help to open some minds on how people perceive what men ought to include as their choices of apparel. I look forward to when this box of ideas lets people know that every individual should be free to choose their appareling appearance from their own set of likes and dislikes.  

• Like 2

I like the outfits, and I presume you wear them for your daily life?

How have the people around you reacted so far? Lots of love, compliments on your great choices? I hope so!

I would love to see how you can combine something different from boots with a nice outfit.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

9 hours ago, Impala said:

I like the outfits, and I presume you wear them for your daily life?

How have the people around you reacted so far? Lots of love, compliments on your great choices? I hope so!

I would love to see how you can combine something different from boots with a nice outfit.

These are styles I wear in daily life. Not every day, but 2-3 times a week. 

As I always match things and don't push the things too far, the reactions are either "nothing", "no emotions - but they see it", "smiling - and I do not care if positive or negative" to some "compliments". A typical day out will create one or two compliments - mostly when I go looking for fashion inspiration in shops. For me this is the key to create self trust, when wearing heels. 

On 3/19/2016 at 3:21 AM, ANDROgenius said:

Part 3:

This is now about going more into feminine style without being sissy-like. My favorite grey stretch leather leggings are the core of this look. Last week I bought these amazing booties from a small shoe shop. I felt from the first second on in love with is amazing booties. Super soft leather, leather sole and easy to walk in. So I mixed leggings and booties with a sweater and a nice matching scarf. Here we are: a soft & relaxed weekend look.

thegrey.jpg.6003d0bc7bd450602e4fd6c68ce5grey1.thumb.jpg.dcd7885a9832f4578515ba14grey2.thumb.jpg.2d368129d69c5ea6ca1193dd  

Comfortable and not over top well done.

While it is a good try i would feel the boots though comfortable are too tight along the leg to keep the leather leggings inside from looking stuffed or bulging... Would contrast the outfit with some colour, yet you say, not make it "sissy". Feel some contrast would bring some pop to the outfit rather making it to monotone, or safe. Try a cream color scarf or white thick fluffy sweater... Maybe dark green leather leggings would work better if your choosing the pastel colour styles. Only suggestion no problem what you have on.... Fashion is always personal and to every individuals taste... 

Feel whenever someone wears leather leggings their dressing up rather being casual. So my opinion or taste follows to wear sharp booties, and yes stiletto heels do that....

main.original.640x0c (2).jpg

Has anyone been able to know what they liked before someone else told them what to think? Actually, the most natural process a human does as they develop from infancy is discerning what they want to have and identify as theirs. So why does society (or other people) thinks it (they) knows better as to what individuals are suppose to like? Tell me - do you know what another person thinks all the time? So, how can others know better than you what you like?  As males, it's our programming that makes it an even harder choice to openly wear the outfits of which we really love the look if it is the least bit non-stereotypical. Why is that? What we have available to wear today is merely the improved versions of the coverings that people once used large leaves and tree bark for. These early coverings didn't have labels for a sex preference either. That understanding came later when some people of an early civilization decided to make it so, when the more manageable material of refined fabric weavings known as cloth replaced the need to use leaves as coverings.  To change this atmosphere from a type of apparel imprisonment to freely deciding upon the outfits we wear is for us to have the initiative and be aggressive in wearing our own styling. Fashion and other peoples perspectives are dependent on what a few people are socially willing to wear consistently. So when men start wearing their choice of high heels openly, the fashion industry and society will follow the lead by making heels a part of men's attire. The real question is what are we as men and women willing to undergo to successfully see this through and delete the imprisoning walls of the male attiring? 

In this age and time, there isn't anything from stopping you from wearing anything you want to wear or being any sex you want to be.  It is only within the past 10 years, after thousands of years of human development, that has society determined that all of the past generations have been wrong.  The kicker here is the fact that you are not accepting this fact and are letting your own hang ups stop you from behaving in a manner that you think is a "deviation from socially accepted behavior." And you're ashamed to be YOU!  So, start acting in a way that reflects your true desires and blaming your inabilities on society.  The hell with society!  They'll either accept you for yourself or totally reject you.  But, what the hell!  At least you will be living your life as you've been wanting to for years.  And, there is always the possibility that, after a period of time, people will overlook your proclivities and not be bothered by them.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

10 hours ago, mwhh said:

It is only within the past 10 years, after thousands of years of human development, that has society determined that all of the past generations have been wrong.

I'm glad I've lived long enough to be part of this (I've almost missed it).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 24.3.2016 at 4:28 AM, MackyHeels said:

Comfortable and not over top well done.

While it is a good try i would feel the boots though comfortable are too tight along the leg to keep the leather leggings inside from looking stuffed or bulging... Would contrast the outfit with some colour, yet you say, not make it "sissy". Feel some contrast would bring some pop to the outfit rather making it to monotone, or safe. Try a cream color scarf or white thick fluffy sweater... Maybe dark green leather leggings would work better if your choosing the pastel colour styles. Only suggestion no problem what you have on.... Fashion is always personal and to every individuals taste... 

Feel whenever someone wears leather leggings their dressing up rather being casual. So my opinion or taste follows to wear sharp booties, and yes stiletto heels do that....

main.original.640x0c (2).jpg

@MackyHeels: stilettos are always great. So here we go: I found this pic from some months ago, when I dressed up to go out. IMG_stil.thumb.jpg.6296dc4160a3585fa584d

So you see: adding a little thing can sharpen the look very fast ;-)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ANDROgenius said:

@MackyHeels: stilettos are always great. So here we go: I found this pic from some months ago, when I dressed up to go out. IMG_stil.thumb.jpg.6296dc4160a3585fa584d

Good job..... Ever thought of keeping it casual but dressy whatever that means ..... Trying ankle length crop leggings can avoid the baggy bulging pant hem leg as you can attest in your very nice pictured booties stilettos.  

Sometimes looking streamlined can avoid the distraction of ill fitted leg hem bunching upwards like accordion. To avoid the problem is style in crop leggings giving the shoes some breathing space to be recognized as well the leggings.

Do understand climate and temperature  is dependant showing that style off appropiately, (we do need to keep are ankles warm). So wearing a pump bare leg like Heidi shown is perfect way to style oneself also then a bootie. 

Doubt any male can pull this outfit off like Klum does without a few people snapping photos giggling what he is wearing. Do wear some of the the style myself but my moto  leather jacket is a bit longer as many are styled that way for men. Wearing the stiletto heel looks odd on Heidi being the whole outfit is casual and many women don't prefer wearing heels today. They rather wear a ankle chunky mid heel bootie, chelsea flat bootie, Uggs, knee high flat heel boots, flat leather strap thong sandals, flip flop and converse canvas sneakers. Although i compromise wearing heel booties shown in my aviator thumb photo in distressed light blue super skinny jeans, leather mid hip moto jacket and short v-neck shirt. 

My worry is seeing woman dress in the same outfit as me for years has worn its welcome as new or exciting. Only difference i see today is the distressed jean look or hems making the outfit hanging on a thread (no-pun intended) as still trendy. 

Best way to describe the style is show you a picture what i mean. 

Heidi-Klum-in-AMO-Babe-Skinny-Jeans-in-Keepsake-2.jpg

Heidi-Klum-in-AMO-Babe-Skinny-Jeans-in-Keepsake.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ANDROgenius said:

IMG_stil.thumb.jpg.6296dc4160a3585fa584d

It is amazing what going from a block heel to a stiletto heel will do for an image.  As you say it "sharpens" things quite a bit.

Well done... Great look.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

8 hours ago, ANDROgenius said:

That is an absolutely fabulous look which you pulled off quite nicely. Bravo!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

WOW 1000+ VIEWS

Thank you to all!

Now it´s time to change one thing: pants! Yes, now it´s dress time :cheeky:

I bought this dress some weeks ago and first wore it with my grey leather leggings. Then I wanted to get the look a little more sophisticated and there it was: some black 100 den pantyhose. I went for quality and bought these from Falke . A little bit more expensive, but great quality - perfectly matching this dress from COS & my Vic Matié booties.

black.jpg

Want to be cool? Than add some Ray Ban sunglasses & a nice scarf.

black2.jpgblack1.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 3:01 AM, ANDROgenius said:

Hi folks,

this post is about creating your style, becoming used to wear heels as a part of your (daily) style and having a good time :cheeky:

Before I start: this is the first posting of a series of posts, where I will show my styles and hopefully motivate you to go out and have fun in heels.

My story is quite long. Starting with 20, when I bought my first pair of heels (too high; too loose fit), then hiding away my boots from my girl friend to a phase, when I was 30 where I started to try to create what you could call "your style".

I know, that for many of you wearing heels in daily life is not as easy as it is for me. But: I think and I got the feedbacks that if your wear heels with style and attitude, things are more easy - and this is what this topic is about.

So let´s start! My experience is that cowboy boots are a great starting point. You can tell a story about them - like about great boot makers like Paul Bond. So it is not only about wearing heels, it is about a story! A cowboy boot outfit can be quite easy to create. I like my shirts not tucked into the jeans, because I like a silhouette that is "flowing". So here is my first look:

red.jpg

Creating your style is about matching things. Here it is a colour - in this case red. A litte bit of more fancy than simple brown boots, these cowboy boots are easy to walk in, have a nice heel and are great for every day. So here is the look:

red1.jpg

These days my outfits are more edgy - but as I wrote, I want to help you to create your style and give you some starting inspiration. By the way the jeans is a bootcut male jeans from Levis - style 517. The boots are from Lucchese.

Great look buddy, masculine and powerful, nice heels on the boots!

1 hour ago, ANDROgenius said:

WOW 1000+ VIEWS

Thank you to all!

Now it´s time to change one thing: pants! Yes, now it´s dress time :cheeky:

I bought this dress some weeks ago and first wore it with my grey leather leggings. Then I wanted to get the look a little more sophisticated and there it was: some black 100 den pantyhose. I went for quality and bought these from Falke . A little bit more expensive, but great quality - perfectly matching this dress from COS & my Vic Matié booties.

black.jpg

black2.jpgblack1.jpg

You look great buddy, I'm so envious

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:16 AM, ANDROgenius said:

Part 2:

As the first look is a very "conservative" easy to adapt look, next look is a little bit more edgy. I bought these boots a few years ago. They are from the Sendra, a brand from Spain. Again here I try to mix and match. Instead of creating a casual look, I try to be a little more "classy".

pre1.jpg

Making the boot visible is the key idea. OK - you can hide the boot to become a little bit more comfortable, when wearing heels, but you loose often the style. So this look is now what I call a "daily heels attitude" look.

me4.jpgme3.jpg

LOVE those boots buddy.  I'm always looking for a pair of Frye boots like these, but can never find them in my size

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:21 AM, ANDROgenius said:

Part 3:

thegrey.jpggrey1.jpggrey2.jpg  

Those pants are perfect!  Those great boots could be worn anywhere.....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ANDROgenius said:

black2.jpgblack1.jpg

I really like the look!  Consider a belt or sash to gather the waist, I've seen that style worn both with and without.  It's almost like a long shirt.

I tend to like taller boots :penitent:, to that end you might consider pairing it with your Sendra boots and matching scarf.

However, that really is a great outfit and I don't see why you couldn't wear it out and about.

6 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I tend to like taller boots :penitent:, to that end you might consider pairing it with your Sendra boots and matching scarf.

You asked - I deliver :-)

Here we go: let´s take the look in two different directions. Low & high. Black & red. Everyday & stylish.

hilowstyles.jpg

Same outfit - different looks :cheeky:

lowblack1.jpghighred1.jpg

• Like 4