Going to Paris

nietgeweten

I'll be leaving for Paris in about 2 months.I'll stay for probably 1 week.

Should I bring a pair of high heeled boots and walk around the town?

Are the Parisians openminded for something like that of should I expect a lot of stares?

I thought about bringing these (same model, but these are not mine: van-haren-boots-laarzen-enkellaarzen-6.j

Been to Paris more than once on business. It's a hopping place and those are very low key. i would be very surprised if anyone even noticed. And if they do, who cares, not you know these people.

You will never see those people again. Consider it an opportunity to wear all the crazy stuff you wouldn't dare to do at home!

Have fun!

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

nietgeweten,

I was in Paris in December of 2012 and it is a high heel heaven. Extremely well-dressed capital city. Your heels would be among the lowest on the street. I'd wear anything there. The key is wear what you have with confidence as it is a city with enormous confidence. 

veuillez gouter la culture a Paris avec tes hauts talons.  HappyinHeels

20 hours ago, nietgeweten said:

Only if they are comfortable on your feet and you are comfortable and confident wearing them.

I think they look great.  Enjoy your trip.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 2. marts 2016 at 9:17 PM, nietgeweten said:

Are the Parisians openminded for something like that of should I expect a lot of stares?

I thought about bringing these (same model, but these are not mine: van-haren-boots-laarzen-enkellaarzen-6.j

I had no issues wearing 4" stiletto heels seversl occasions in Paris.

Hi Nietgeweten,

That will be an amazing chance for you to wear what ever you want for shoes and boots. Go for it! Every chance I get when I go traveling I take not only 1 or 2 pairs but 4-5 pairs with me to wear in the cities or countries I travel to. This spring I am traveling to Copenhagen and Denmark for a week of sightseeing and I am planning to bring a 4 pairs. I will take a pair of knee high wedge boots, comfy and easily worn when I do not know what kind day or the type of streets I will walk on, then I will have 1 or 2 pair of booties, 1 with a cuban heel of 9cm, a pair of 12cm heeled booties. Plus in the bag I will some sort of sandal with a 5-7cm heel if it is sunny and warm. Some nice travel pants, 2 jeans, a skirt and a pair of shorts. Not mention enough hosiery to wear with all combinations. To me, if anyone says anything, I may not be able to speak to them to understand. My feeling is in Europe the language differences can make up for any negative things that may come up, I also feel that in Mainland Europe, nobody will really care what you do or wear. Things like wearing hosiery is much more common than in North America, so the combinations of footwear and whatever you want wear for pants etc is wide open. I would encourage you enjoy yourself to the maximum in footwear...have fun with it and live free!

Its been about 12 years since I was last in Paris, and unfortunately I was there for business with co-workers around me pretty much the entire time.  Anyway, from what I remember, I think it would be a perfect place for you to wear just about anything you want (within reason of course).  When I travel anywhere out of town, I love to wear more daring outfits and heels out that I wouldn't wear back at home, because I know the chances of me seeing any one I know are near zero.   Live it up and have fun.  :)

Mtns..... You know, English is widely spread across Europe! The Danes are know (together with us Swedes) for their often more than decent English :)

Hi 4608, I know and totally agree with you but it just an excuse in the mind if someone were to say something unpleasant. The other side of that, I would talk anyways because I like to strike up conversations with local people when I travel. Do not think anyone would say a thing about the shoes I wear, that is what I have found so far . I have traveled in Europe often and I have to say I try to get a few phrases of the language of the country I am in to make an effort, even though many countries do speak English. Different in Asia and South America for language and speaking.

On 2016-03-09 at 1:24 PM, 4608 said:

Mtns..... You know, English is widely spread across Europe! The Danes are know (together with us Swedes) for their often more than decent English :)