My Last Outting

Meels85

Last week I was down in Jacksonville visiting my friend who got me into heels back in college. I decided that this trip will be my last time I wear heels in public. I done everything from wearing them in front of my friend, trying them on in stores, and I have gone out in heels by my self. Only thing I wanted to do was go out with my friend in public then I would call it quits for now. I have lost my drive for them somewhat. So back to my story. I went to her house to pick her up and I only had my Vince Camuto Elvin booties . She had a pair of bcbg wedge booties! So we went to the mall and it was great we walked and got food that a restaurant then went for a lap around the mall. No one really made any comments but we did see one or two looks but we didn't care. It was a great night and great way to end my heel wearing. As a thank you I gave my friend my heels and as I went to see here collection at her place we swapped shoes in the car and I gave her my heels. Then I went back to my hotel in my socks! I am happy to have done it and wouldn't change it. I have to thank this site for all the stories and positive feed backs! If I didn't find this site I would have been a closet heel wearer! 

Thanks 

Our individuality determines how we approach life. Had heels been socially accepted footwear for guys, I still would have been one of the people with at least a closet or more full of high stiletto heels to select from for accenting my outfits. Never wearing heels again isn't with in my nature. I even envision an after-life wearing high heels, since every body will be able to understand who and what a person really is as their whole life will become an open book for all to see and gleam from. So why hide it here in this short period of mortality. Be proud of the person you know you are and live an exemplary life so you can end up with many accomplishments and get rid of most of the regrets while living your life to its fullest.   

While wearing heel in the after-life is a concept I've never considered, the thought of my quitting hasn't either, or hasn't since I realized that the desire to wear them would never go away.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Meels85,

I can't imagine giving up heels voluntarily. I can imagine a time in my future when I'm too old, too unsteady, or develop foot problems that preclude my wearing heels, so I'm trying to make every day count. I want to delay that unhappy circumstance as long as I can!

Good luck in your future, but I think you, like the rest of us, are hard-wired to love heels and destined to want to wear them your entire life. So I, too, am confident that you'll be back. And you'll be welcomed back. And you won't be the first!

Steve

Meels85,

I'm guessing you're about 30 and are about to do something life-changing which is why you have chosen to stop public heel wearing. As others have said that desire will never leave you,and I would submit,  rather it will grow over the years. You have grown to like heels because it was part of your identity from the beginning but, like most men in the world, you suppressed this facet of your personality. Very nice you had a friend to share the experience with as  most of us do not. Most of us are independent adventurers who depend on own confidence as we stride our way through life a bit more elevated than would otherwise be the case. Good luck to you no matter the endeavour!  HappyinHeels 

19 hours ago, hiheellover23 said:

Well I got hooked at 12 about to turn 36  in 3 more months ummmmmmmmm..........NOPE don't think it will go away for me :D

I didn't discover my interest in wearing until 50 - - Not likely to stop now although my SO might prefer it.