Greetings

I have been perusing this site for sometime but have just now been able to complete teh registration process. I do on occasion wear heels and do enjoy them. I look with interest at reading up on what others have posted here and to perhaps find some new ideas and or tricks to wearing with comfort.

Thanks for wanting to join with us and I look forward to reading some of your thoughts on your high heel choices and your replies on other's comments. We may not all agree as to what are the best heels to wear, because we are individuals, but for sure our desire to wear high heels is a genuine human desire not limited to any fashion aisle people find themselves being pushed to observe.

@hoborob  Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you will find all sorts of heelers here and this is a web site so everything has to be good advice and true. :roll:

On 2/9/2016 at 11:36 AM, hoborob said:

tricks to wearing with comfort.

Three tips:

• Practice.
  • Wear shoes that fit.
  • Know and respect your ankles limit.

Tell us a bit more about yourself... size, heel/shoe/boot preference, out and about wearer.

Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welcome

of all the 'tricks' regarding heels. The one that will cause you most grief until you understand it are those that your mind plays on yourself. 

There is no better way to get good at wearing heels than by wearing heels

fashion is good. But comfort needs to have some input in ghe shoes you wear. 

James

Regards

James

I am able to wear a 4" heel with not too much of a problem but it also does not take long for my toes to start hurting as they do not normally get bent upwards much. I can wear a 1 1/2" heel pretty much most of the day with no issues. I am most comfortable using a blocky heel as I can rest my weight on my heels when standing rather than on my toes. I like the smaller heels but they are a little more difficult to wear for an extended period as my ankles occasionally try to flip sideways on me. I think its more a matter of wearing them and practicing walking in them to get the hang of them.

I normally wear a women's size 10 but I have found that if I get a wide width I can do a size 9 without difficulty. I prefer the size 10 in the regular width as the top of the shoe feels somewhat more snug over the whole of my foot. I once had a set of boots that had a 2" platform with 4" heels made out of stretch patent that were a knee high boot that I loved dearly but the fabric broke down and I had to throw them away. One day I'll find another pair that I can afford and I'll replace them if I can.

@hoborob  Welcome to the forum.

Size 10 is a reasonably common size that you should be able to find without too much trouble.  Stretch patent is not the best material for shoes despite it's popularity.  If cost is an issue, be sure to frequent your local thrift stores.  I have seen some great boots in my area in your size.

On 2/18/2016 at 7:02 PM, hoborob said:

I like the smaller heels but they are a little more difficult to wear for an extended period as my ankles occasionally try to flip sideways on me. I think its more a matter of wearing them and practicing walking in them to get the hang of them.

Boots are easier to walk in because they give the ankle more support but you already have the solution to walking in heels...practice, practice, and more practice.  When you're walking around, and forget you have on heels, you've got it.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Bear with me for a while folks. I'm still reading through all the introductions and welcomes. I'm up to 30 pages out of 203 now, so it'll be a bit be I get to the main posts area.