Size chart problem

Zed

Hello,

My girlfriend is trying to pick up a pair of shoes from one private manufacturer and we got a problem with its size chart. Even if EU size, let's say is 41, after the measurement we did it gives a much larger size after all. What's very weird, only one point of measurement always giving that anomality, all the rest is fine and fits exactly with a proper size.

The manufacturer is called Extremely High Heels and can be found here: http://extremehighheels.net/en/

I attached two files from its site to show you exactly of what I am trying to figure out. The first file is a size chart between few different countries and second one is so called foot measurement, where we found that anomality. I am not sure but maybe this manufacturer uses UK sizes which are known to be at least half a size smaller even if labelled same as EU sizes. I bought  a pair of men's shoes from one of UK shop and finally I found they are too small, even if my size is labelled as UK 10 but in fact these shoes are UK 9 and make my foot way too thigh and uncomfortable.

I will be much pleased for your help and suggestion. I already started a discussion, asking details but it looks like this manufacturer either do not speak English well or he's unaware of his charts are based on non-EU sizes, thus all that misunderstanding between us. Furthermore, when it gets for all the other boots she got in the same size she wanna picking up now, everything's fine so this just increased much more thinking as if this person is reliable source or it's the one to avoid.

Thx in advance,
Paul

TALLAS EN TODOS LOS PAISES-1.pdf

calze de las hormas de 5 NUEVO-2.pdf

• 5 months later...

Just noticed this. Did you sort this one out or already order something? They have some neat shoes and I've been thinking of ordering a pair for couple of years now. BUT as you said, I'm a bit worried about the sizes....shoes I'm after are a huge investement so I dont wanna end up with wrong size. However, their customer service is top notch: I've gotten answers to my emails very quickly & promptly.

Why can't all retailers keep sizing the same? The worst are ladies running shoes, Nike are the same as men's, and adidas is 1.5 sizes larger than men's. 

In the US and Canada the men's and women's sizing systems are inherently different. Pumpcat's complaint about Nike  could be due to them using men's sizing for women's shoes while Adidas are correctly using the women's sizes.

At least the UK and European systems use the same nominal sizes for both men and women. So a UK8 or EU42 should be the same size whether it's a men's or women's shoe. Even then, there can be a pretty wide variation between different brands of shoe and even different styles within a brand.

Edited by at9

• 3 weeks later...

It's basically one big crapshoot. You can never trust the conversion charts any of the manufacturers use. Why should it be? Anyone can put anything online. Who's going to check? There's no international body of shoe size regulation to enforce standards. There's only one system that really works, which is sitting down and trying shoes on for size. This works in retail, it works for designer heels as those tend to be available in physical stores as well. But for shoes like this you basically have to order a pair online to see if they will fit. And hope they will have a good return policy if they don't.