Bad experience with La Pizza

xlheel

The story very short. I ordered a pair of high ankle boots in April 2015, when they still hadn't been delivered in late October, I asked for a refund which I am still fighting to get through a complaint with consumers europe.

Soory to be negative, but thought it might save others some grieve.

• Like 1

It has been a few years since I have dealt with La Piazza. However, do remember that my order seem to take forever and then when I did get it, the heels weren't exactly what I thought I had ordered. So they lost my interest and business, even though their display pictures continue to allure me once in a while. Businesses like these could have made tidy sums of profit and done very good world wide had they focused better on their customer care and communication. The Chinese market is doing quite well by trying to please their customers, even though their designs, styling, and/or quality are questionable, at times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a pair of wedges on order since December 2014!

They have made all sorts of excuses, including a worldwide shortage of cork(?) and ignore requests for a refund, but assure me they are now in production. I am not holding my breath.

Does anyone have any good news about this company?

• 3 weeks later...

No good news on the company, I'm afraid, but there is a shortage of cork.  Wine no longer comes stoppered with cork and the Portuguese cork industry collapsed.  Most of the trees were grubbed up and the land put to other use.

My wife and I have made our own wine for years. Cork is NOT an oxygen barrier so the rubberized plastic corks have taken over. Wine has never been meant to be served more than just a few years after bottling, white wine more than red. The greatest B.S. ever played on mankind outside the diamond industry is old wine is automatically better than young wine, it is in fact just the opposite.

There are wines however, typically reds, that do cellar well and improve, sometimes greatly, with age.  I happen to have lived many years in one of the world's great wine making regions and was fortunate enough to have met and talked with some very well known winemakers. Ageing, or cellaring, is not all BS, any more than it would be BS that some vintages of wine are better than others. I fid far more wines these days have screw tops than rubberised 'corks'.

• 4 months later...

Some quality wine chat there, cheers :fine:

Just a quick update, the excuses continued until I finally pointed out they were never going to arrive, so after 18+ months I asked for my deposit to be refunded and unsurprisingly, despite many more emails, Sabine has stopped responding.

Avoid this company like the plague unless you have money you are happy to throw away.

Sorry I don't post much, but the topic of wine, missed first time round, aroused my interest. 

Good wine usually ages well. Some wines need to be aged. Try a good Barolo which is less than ten years old, and you'll be chewing on a wall of tannin. Try the same wine after 20 years, and it will be sublime. The same applies to left bank Bordeaux and other similarly strapping wines made from small grapes (Nebbiolo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Mourvèdre to name but three). 

Of course, many wines are best drunk young. Most wines under £10/ US$15, certain white wines, and the lighter reds. Screw cap wines offer greater reliability (far less cork taint), but they do not age in the same way so they are not a complete solution. Sorry for the cork blamed delay in your shoes, but we wine lovers need our aged wine fix! 

Ray

Rubber corks are horrendous, and destructive to the environment. Corks allow a wine to age through the controlled ingress of air. Screw caps are great for fresh or fragrant wines. Grapes like Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot noir work well with screwcap.