First outing

subtle

First 3 times didn't count, although I have to walk through a car park to get between home and my car. They were, (Drivthru, gas in the car, pickup from shipping locker).

So last night I went into the grocery store, a big Safeway, In the beginning I was thinking I'll find exactly what I'll need and get out, but I calmed down and managed to just wander around picking up the rest of my groceries. I kept looking to make sure no one noticed, and they don't. I'm pretty sure no one really notices, it's just that I assume most people to be like me and pay attention to those things. I wore my dark brown Nine West towsley wedge booties with jeans.

• Like 1

Congratulations!  It gets easier every time.  You learned or reinforced the lesson that "no one noticed".  People really dont care what you have on your feet.   Booties with jeans is a great start.

Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Good for you.  The only way to get used to being out in heels is to be out in heels.....    Have fun...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

It is the demons in our own mind that causes us to fear. People really don't care what guys wear on their feet. Just do yourself a favor and always wear heels with the right preparation and self-confidence that you have chosen the outfit that looks good on you. It's your life, don't give others the power to run it. 

• Like 1

I have tried going out in my high heeled boots but there is something inside of me that doesn't let me do it.  I know that I will do it, I just have to find the courage.  I do have a question for all of you?  Do you have a significant other?  My wife, accepts me in boots but doesn't really encourage me wearing them.  I know that such a change is hard for her so I don't ever hold it against her, but I do think that it makes it more difficult for me to try wearing them out.  

Thighmax....  Well like many have said here already, if you want to get out in heels, you just have to do it.  I can sympathize with you, because I have been in the same exact place, nervous, no courage, but wanting to get out.  For me, I began with small trips and ventured out from there.  20+ yeas later I get out most anywhere without difficulty, but even still I occasionally have some initial hesitation for the first few minutes that goes away very quickly once I'm out.  

As for a significant other, I have a wonderful wife who accepts me in heels which helps tremendously!  I was always open with her about my fondness of gals shoes from almost our first date.  We look back upon those days now and she comments that when she was told of my desire to wear gals shoes she definitely thought it was strange, but came to accept me and the shoes as one package.  Plus I bought her a lot of shoes as well, I am sure that helped!!  ha ha......

Just be patient and hopefully things will work out.....    have fun,  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thanks for the comment SF.  My wife does accept my boot wearing.  I have ventured a little into leggings and I love them and that's the thing that she really doesn't like.  I do like the way I feel when I am wearing them.  I will keep working on it.

Regarding public wearing, I am certain that I will do it, I am working on a project and will try to merge all of it together.

thanks 

Subtle, 

If you are concerned about being noticed, you might want to invest in some boot cut jeans that are longer than you normal inseam length.  If they are two long, you can always fold them up (or in).

vector

52 minutes ago, vector said:

Subtle, 

If you are concerned about being noticed, you might want to invest in some boot cut jeans that are longer than you normal inseam length.  If they are two long, you can always fold them up (or in).

vector

I can almost achieve this with my jeans.

I managed to get out of the car in some 3" thick heel boots tonight and walk to my apartment 150ft, God they were so loud, but I stayed committed and my heart raced like crazy.

If you do a search on quieting heels, (hopefully), you should stumble upon a thread from years back on quieting noisy block heels.

Some have said it's easier to wear heels in crowds.  The noise is drowned out and it's too packed for anyone to look down.