My 4th Annual Farewell to Heels. . . Or Is It?

mlroseplant

Lunar New Year is fast approaching, and tomorrow we'll be off to visit my wife's family in Vietnam. In the past when we have visited, I've had to leave my heels at home, which I've been happy to do--where I stay, I draw enough attention as it is. Still, I do miss them while I'm gone  

This year, I've found a compromise. I bought some Nike Sky High hidden wedge sneakers, and my wife said those are acceptable, and even look nice! The fact is, Vietnamese men have been doing this sort of thing for years, at least with dress shoes, in order to appear taller. 

I don't care about taller, I just like the feel of wearing high heels. There isn't much of a thrill here, as the heel is only about 2 1/2 inches. In fact, about a minute after I put them on I forget that I'm not wearing just normal sneakers, but it's better than wearing flatties. I'm happy, she's happy, let's roll with it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Pretty cool sneakers and seems like you would blend right in there in Vietnam without anyone batting an eye at them... enjoy your trip and glad you finally don't have to go completely without while you are there  :)