Delivery day

UKboots

Most of us have been there.

You have a partner who doesn't know or doesn't understand your love of heels. You've ordered some new footwear online and have no idea when they are going to arrive. All you can hope for is that at the specific time in the next week that the delivery driver rings your doorbell that your partner is out and you get the door.

I've ordered many pairs of shoes and boots in the last few years and the nervousness of wondering 'is that knock at the door my delivery or something else'. In the past I've done things like place an order around Christmas, or her Birthday this gave me the use of scurrying the parcel off declaring it as a present! Of course the problem then was buying something actually for my wife of similar size....lol

I'll never forget though one particular order. I don't like them anymore but I once ordered a pair of sparkly gold stiletto heel shoes, I was out when the order came and it had a slight description plus the catalog number on the outside. I arrived home to a warm welcome as usual then a casual 'your shoes arrived in the post today' hahaha. I think I mentally blocked out my reply which I can vaguely remember was as best as possible calm and unsurprised, even though my stomach was somersaulting in the air, crap I've been found out!!!

Luckily, or unluckily as some may feel, my wife has not asked me about it or as I like to think embarrassed me by delving deeper.

That was a few years ago and since I have started buying and selling and now she has seen that there is money to be made in high heels the parcels have been coming and going fine, of course the odd one is actually for me, or at least to see if I like them anyway, the rest I move on before ordering the next batch.

Feel free to share your 'delivery day' stories with me.

Happy heeling!

I know the feeling very well. As with my better half I know she would disapprove. I always check the shipping date and track the package, With the internet that has become fairly easy, so I know about when it will arrive. We are always buying each other something so I just tell her if a package comes i got her a surprise. The last package came before Christmas and I used this story for this package. It was a pair of knee boots, so the package was rather big. She saw me bring the package in from the delivery guy. When we open presents she asked where was that big box that I received. That took some quick thinking. She might have suspected but let it go.  She is a wonderful person but I just know we do not agree on this particular subject. I think she just lets it go unspoken.

Hi Bigfoot

Sounds like you have the U.S. version of my wife. I have my boots and shoes stashed in some places and we're currently looking to move house, of course as a secret healer one of my concerns is moving all my boots to the new house and hoping there's a spot to hide them lol

I signed up for a post office box.  That way they can be delievered whenever, and I just need to pick up the package there.  Works great for me.  Not sure if that option is available in other locations besides the US>

We have quite a lot in common! I've been through this situation a good few times. Many stores are now offering click and collect which really helps. My wife found my stash once, managed to dig myself out of the whole but had to ditch them all. Now just down to a couple of pairs. She doesn't work anymore so it's difficult / impossible to wear them in the house. I've started wearing them more outside, although only locally when it's dark to avoid being noticed

Well, fortunately I do not have to worry about the delivery nowadays, as my S.O. is Okay with my heels, hosiery and skirts. So I have no need hide anything nor worry about a shipments coming in. I just recently bought a new pair of boots and wore them yesterday for 7hrs, not even a notice, but she does acknowledge that I am wearing some boots. It was not always that way though, I do remember sending to different addresses or picking them up and hiding the delivery. Geez that has been 15 or more years ago now. And with that new purchase I tried them on in the store walked around in them and had several ladies look at me while wearing them, complimenting me. So, I feel so good now about my wearing and buying of shoes and boots and those days of worrying about how to get em back to a safe place is history. Good discussion though!

9 hours ago, redandwhite said:

We have quite a lot in common! I've been through this situation a good few times. Many stores are now offering click and collect which really helps. My wife found my stash once, managed to dig myself out of the whole but had to ditch them all. Now just down to a couple of pairs. She doesn't work anymore so it's difficult / impossible to wear them in the house. I've started wearing them more outside, although only locally when it's dark to avoid being noticed

Hi redandwhite

oh its so hard when your partner is at home I know. My wife has been killing my love of heels for 4months but at last starts a job in a couple more. Sometimes I fall lucky as I work from home and she will pop to the shops in our town, that gives me an hour+ so the door gets locked with the key in, the boots come out and for half an hour I feel normal again. I only dread moving house, think I will have to rent a storage space for the moving transition lol

• Like 1