Advice on public wearing

Danvan1600

On 6 January 2016 at 11:16 AM, Danvan1600 said:

Hi guys, would just like some advice on public wearing, have been told by my doctor that regular walking in heels will reduce my lower back pain as it will make me use muscles I don't use due to posture, and it works! Don't wake up during the night not being able to move anymore, the higher the better really, problem is I have to drive about 15 miles to go anywhere remote enough where I don't have the fear of being seen, I'm hopeless as far as having the bottle goes, even with long jeans in the dark I feel my walk is attracting attention, any info on how you guys started or get on with it would be much appreciated, Tia 

There is NO evidence to support the idea that wearing heels is good for your back. 

Having said that i have a chronic lower back issue and find that wearing heels certainly does alleviate the pain. My pain comes from my sciatica which i suppose is helped by shortening the hammys

i don't think that there is any longer term gain though 

Regards

James

Quite true about the clinical evidence of heels being good for your back - there isn't any.

I had a burst disc some years ago which required emergency surgery and my learning to walk all over again. Not fun. I was lucky however and have not had much serious trouble since, beyond occasional back spasms. I often work standing up though - when I am writing or editing photos - since sitting is not so good, and I have a pair of boots with a two-and-a-half inch chunky heel which I often wear as I work. And I have to say when my back is playing up, wearing those boots does ease the spasms noticeably and wearing them regularly seems to have decreased the frequency of these troubles. Again, these are not exactly high heels,  

• Like 1

As I suffer from Anklosing Spondylitis, not something I would wish on anybody no cure no fix. At the moment in time my total back and ribcage has all fused and cannot move anymore, not very nice just waiting for my neck and shoulders to totally fuse which will happen in the next 12 months. Only thing I can say is wearing heels does give me some comfort and corrects my posture a bit and things are not as painfull so they do help. If you get five minutes look up Anklosing Spondylitis you will be supprised want it can do to your whole body, but you have to get on with life and work around it.

life is not a rehearsal

21 minutes ago, Rick24 said:

when I wear heels. I feel more confident. but I can't explain why. maybe that's the secret.

Exactly!   You have to have confidence to do something that, in your mind, goes against the perceived public norms.  Wearing heels is an exercise in using your confidence and with exercise come improvement.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I am now wearing heels on a regular basis for everyday wear.  they are nothing too high or girly, just a pair of plain black boots with a 2.75'' block heel that i got from China on ebay.  well i have now ordered a pair of peeptoe open back boots with a 3.75'' block heel as these wont be as warm and make my feet smell.  i just have to wait for them to arrive from China.  Worn with a pair of bootleg jeans i dont think they stick out too much.

I also like others wear heels to ease my lower back pain and i also find the lack of pain amazing

Here are the peeptoes im waiting for.  i cant wait to venture out to the shop wearing them.  any recommendations if to wear barefoot, with black nylons or thin black socks.

As for peoples thoughts. D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

peeptoe.jpg

• Like 2

On 21/09/2016 at 8:36 PM, robbiehhw said:

^ Those are really cute. Peep toes are certainly becoming popular.

My peeptoe boots arrived today.  They are absolutely wonderful.  They dont even feel as if the heel is as high as 3.75 inch.  Im in love with them

10 minutes ago, gibby said:

Those are cool peep toe boots!  Do you think they would fit a a wider foot KrazyKev64?    If so  I would love to get a pair for myself.

i dont think so as they are actually sold as a womans shoe.  i would say they are a medium fit.  they fit me perfectly