Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meganiwish

A minor request, I hope.

Question

It's a small thing, I know, but it's the small things that make life bearable or not.  Would it be possible to arrange things so that when one clicks on the 'reply' box one doesn't need to scroll down to get the 'submit' button?  So that they  come up in the same page space.  Or is that twenty hours' finger work on the keyboard?  The latter being the case I can happily keep scrolling.

5 answers to this question

Yes, 'Submit' was just what I meant.

I thought as much.  It was harsh of you to set me that arithmetic test, which I failed dreadfully at this time of night.  I did try.  I'll probably just keep scrolling.

Thank you for your time, Tech, and may I wish you a Happy New Year.

Megan x

Not sure what you mean by this Megan, I don't even have a "reply" button, just a box underneath that I can start typing a reply into instantly, with a "Submit reply" button on the bottom of it.

It could be the case that maybe your screen resolution is set so low that you have to scroll the living daylights out of everything?

My own desktop is set to 7680 x 1440, so rarely have to scroll too much, but if for example your screen is set to 1024 x 768, then you may find yourself scrolling a lot, as everything is bigger, thus less fits "on-screen" at once..

This is not something that can be coded out, its just a factor of whatever screens and eyeballs you are using will dictate how much you scroll.

Personnaly I use the button "page down" on the keyboard.

But with these new touch sreens, no workaround. Ah the old times

Hello Gudulitooo.  I hadn't considered 'page down'  Thank you.  By the way, we should go travelling again.  Is the Member Map still working?  If so, meet me in Belgrade where we can meet up with Shyheels.

PS 'Page down' doesn't seem to work.

Megan;

I just tried the page down button while displaying this page in Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer and (I just love saying this), it worked fine for me.  However I did notice that it only worked after the page had completely loaded (so there is something to page down).  Patients may be required. :roll:  Also make sure the browser knows what you want to page, before asking it to do so, by clicking in the text area of the page. <click here> There is also a down arrow key that will move the page one line at a time but holding it makes the page scroll down.