It's Nice To Know You're Out There!!!!

Histiletto

The forum is experiencing a bit of a lull as no one is commenting on their high heeling moments, with Christmas coming and all the holiday activities and festivities taking more of our interest. However, the joy of knowing you guys are choosing to wear high heels - block, wedge, stiletto, or whatever heeled boots, sandals, pumps, or clogs brings some comfort in knowing I'm not alone. So, here's wishing that you have a good and happy holiday season in your special heels of course!

Histiletto.....   At least you and me are out in heels!!!   I get out regularly in heels but sort of gave up on the "I went to the bank today" heeling stories.  I heel so often and since nothing "happens" (read: no-one seems to care), the stories can get boring.  But yes, I am out here - still looking for another guy in heels, by the way - and it is good to know that there are others out as well.  Take care, have fun and be safe....    sf

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all......  

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I'm out in heels every day, too, and like SF, there's not much to report: "I went to the bank in heels. Nothing bad happened. Either nobody noticed, or they were polite and didn't say anything. End of story." The bank still likes my money!

If that isn't acceptance of guys wearing heels, I don't know what is!

Happy holidays to all!

Steve

Thanks! Guys. Actually, it doesn't matter if any one else doesn't accept my heeling. When they do though, the relationships will be more truthful, because they will know more about my concerns for their achieving happiness and goals/dreams. Since wearing high heels is one of our passions, may we always be able to wear the best of our desires.

Thanks for your posts guys.  I for one haven't found the strength to use my high heeled boots where ever I choose.  I find it encouraging to read all your posts and stories. Please don't quit, I know that every story encourages me even more to wear my boots.  

Even if I don't find that strength it makes me feel great that someone out there is wearing heels even if I don't

Thighmax.....   Way back in 1995, long before I discovered this site, I felt as you do.  I had previously worn gals flat shoes and sandals since I was a teen, and one day I tried on a pair of heeled sandals "just for fun," and was hooked.  But my dilemma was - do I dare to venture out in these shoes?   Did I buy them to wear indoors alone?

After some, for lack of a better word "fretting," I decided to make the jump and venture out in my heels.  A little at first, then I became bolder with time.  Heck yes, I was nervous and admittedly sometimes I still am - but once I got out in heels, I never looked back.  

I could go on, but I won't bore ya.  If you enjoy wearing heels, go for it.  Life is too short to have regrets.  

Take care all...    sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

HiStiletto,Steve63130, Sf, et al,

Sure there seems to be a lull but that may because so many of us are lone wolves going here and there and my guess is the actual footwear worn is of a type that really does tend to blend in resulting in "nothing bad to report". If you, however, wear 5-6" stiletto pumps, or tuck your skinny jeans into some boots with spiked heels, or wear any of this while wearing other female-inspired articles I suspect the attention metre will be much different. It is when we find and interact with each where the real story is. I first met some people here in March of 2013 at a  heel meet in Chicago. Everyone there wore boots except me. I wore my Jessica Simpson "Carlow" platform sandals as it was a mild night.

I have visited Steve63130 twice in his pleasant small Central Ohio town and wore heels there that were not so subtle. I long to meet others but understand it is a process that requires patience. Meanwhile, I do my thing in wedges or stilettoes or boots with or without a handbag but always with a knit cap, a dress watch, and a  level gaze as I meet the world. I encourage all others to do the same.  HappyinHeels

I also identify with this "lull." I have been out and about in heels every day, and even today I had a very interesting conversation with my dental hygienist about my heels, but it almost seems too boring to report. Perhaps I should report more, if only for the sake of the community and the future make heelers of the world. 

It has brought a lot of joy to read the comments of most high heeling experiences from the threads in our HHP forum. Some are so inspiring and emotionally appealing that they are often recalled when motivations are welcomed pick-me-ups. It has sadden me to find there are heelers, both men and women, that have moved or passed on and don't or can't continue to regale us with their input and insight, but I know everything has its time and season.

In the spirit of show and tell, I have also gotten to experience some dental care. It involved three office visits. The first was to be examined as to the severity of my mouth problems, which got identified as a cracked molar. The second was around a three hour session to prepare the molar for crowning, which was a bit harder on the pocket book, but in being numbed I was able to watch the ceiling mounted television as the dentist and the assistant grinded and vacuumed away. Then two weeks later, the third visit initially inserted the crown which took about forty-five minutes to an hour, once I got into the dental chair from the patient's lobby.

Here is my footwear for all three visits. 247erospat_large_pro.thumb.jpg.e808e637a

A pair of Jimmy Choo Eros Platform Pumps with the relative heel height of five inches. Now, these were quite visible throughout each session as my body laid reposed in the dental chair with my feet and heels propped up on the cushion, which was about the same height as my hips. Would you believe nothing was ever mentioned or acknowledged about my heels? The only reference close was to be careful walking after the procedure of the second visit was completed with my mouth and jaw still numb, I got off the chair and slightly stumbled through a couple of steps until I gained my bearing. Now that I think of it, there seemed to be a few people who seemed to pass by my cubical as I waited for the dentist, but that may have been part of normal procedure as they did their job. Anyway, that was another heeling experience with little to no reaction. I probably got more attention from the people going to other offices in the complex as I entered and left the dentist office, but still nothing I can verify. 

4 hours ago, Histiletto said:

It has brought a lot of joy to read the comments of most high heeling experiences from the threads in our HHP forum. Some are so inspiring and emotionally appealing that they are often recalled when motivations are welcomed pick-me-ups. It has sadden me to find there are heelers, both men and women, that have moved or passed on and don't or can't continue to regale us with their input and insight, but I know everything has its time and season.

In the spirit of show and tell, I have also gotten to experience some dental care. It involved three office visits. The first was to be examined as to the severity of my mouth problems, which got identified as a cracked molar. The second was around a three hour session to prepare the molar for crowning, which was a bit harder on the pocket book, but in being numbed I was able to watch the ceiling mounted television as the dentist and the assistant grinded and vacuumed away. Then two weeks later, the third visit initially inserted the crown which took about forty-five minutes to an hour, once I got into the dental chair from the patient's lobby.

Here is my footwear for all three visits. 

A pair of Jimmy Choo Eros Platform Pumps with the relative heel height of five inches. Now, these were quite visible throughout each session as my body laid reposed in the dental chair with my feet and heels propped up on the cushion, which was about the same height as my hips. Would you believe nothing was ever mentioned or acknowledged about my heels? The only reference close was to be careful walking after the procedure of the second visit was completed with my mouth and jaw still numb, I got off the chair and slightly stumbled through a couple of steps until I gained my bearing. Now that I think of it, there seemed to be a few people who seemed to pass by my cubical as I waited for the dentist, but that may have been part of normal procedure as they did their job. Anyway, that was another heeling experience with little to no reaction. I probably got more attention from the people going to other offices in the complex as I entered and left the dentist office, but still nothing I can verify. 

An intriguing (if not very comfortable) experience, Histiletto!   Nice shoes and, presumably, you were otherwise presenting as a man.

You got me thinking - as I have to go to my dentist tomorrow for a root extraction (preparatory to further work replacing a broken tooth with a bridge).   The problem is that she is a good friend of my wife and me, and we know all the other staff too, so anything I did that was 'different', or 'weird' would be noted and undoubtedly become the subject of discussion, rumour and gossip.   And, as my wife knows nothing of my exploits and is certainly not supportive, the dangers are all too obvious.   So, low-heeled semi-cowboy boots it will have to be.

I have been to several dentists in the past five years and I have always worn a pair of thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels.  No one has ever said a thing about them. They just went on with their boring work.

But back to the topic of this thread...  For  ten years I maintained a thread, Thigh Boots in Public, where I chronicled my journey of wearing thigh boots but eventually I drifted into wearing more than boots and a little (a lot) closer to cross dressing.  Tech, to his credit, reigned in the thread.  Since then I have been commenting here at HHPLACE but have not started a new thread because I found that often I would go out and push my boundaries just to have something new to post in my thread.  This was a classic case of the cart leading the horse and was getting me to push myself further and faster than probably should be going.

I still go out wearing my thigh boots.  Since I have retired, and no longer have to report to an office, I wear my boots almost every time I go out, mostly with leggings but occasionally with a skirt.  When I'm not wearing thigh boots, I'm wearing knee high boots with heels from flat to 4" stiletto.  Everyone notices and no one says a thing, in fact if I'm not wearing boots some folks comment on that.

I have thought about starting a new thread but I think it would be too addictive so, for the time being, I'll just be a commenter.

TBG

Folks, get out and enjoy your heels.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG,

Congrats on your 3,000th post! That's a great milestone. I'm behind you, having just crossed the 2,000 mark. I figured about 10 or 20 of mine were truly worth while! LOL

The trouble with starting one's own thread is that, more often than not, it gets either repetitive or the poster gets bored and stops doing it. You and JeffB are exceptions, and there may be others, but so many "Adventures of So-and-so" threads have gone dormant and in most cases, that's too bad. But I agree with your point. You need to stay in control of the thread and not be controlled by it - that is, feeling compelled to push the envelope just for the sake of making progress to report. So, rein yourself in for a while longer. Your comments are interesting and encouraging.

Steve

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I considered opening up my own thread, but this would require me to take pictures every time I head out just to have something to post here. As I am a perfectionist, I would probably start to assemble my camera on a tripod, set up the remote flashlights, open up the flashlight umbrellas which need their own tripods... and an hour later I would take a single pic ... :cheeky: ...

Then again, I have considered opening up a blog and hire a professional photographer to take pictures. This way, it wouldn't be the "guy-in-skirt-standing-in-front-of-a-mirror-at-home" type of picture, but something truly showing that you are downtown in a city, at a concert hall, in a park... that men CAN actually wear heels, and skirts and stuff. The photos, but also the blog site itself would need to be very "polished", high quality, so people who visit it will get the notion of "hey... this really works". This might become one of my next years projects. As I would not only share my freestyling pictures, but also the things I am sewing and some comments on general fashion, I just don't have a proper name for the blog / site yet. Ideas welcome :D

On heading out in heels: I was just doing some shopping downtown yesterday (didn't take a picture though), dressed in the following items:

outfit_zpsqarfazmx.jpg

Peuterey Beaver puffer coat, Laura scott (no name) turtleneck, Esprit jeggings, Tommy Hilfiger suede wedges, Proenza Shouler PS13 bag.

I first went to Zara to buy this skirt (which unfortunately runs very small, even in size L, so I took two and will combine them into a single, larger skirt). I often go into stores that are even purely for women and try on things (haven't had a single sales associate saying anything against that, many are even quite happy to help)... so I headed straight to the change cabins at Zara, where a Zara guy was standing to hand you a tag with the number how many pieces you are taking into the changing room. That guy looked at me, then the skirt, then back at me and said: "Guys still need to change upstairs." Okay, so I headed upstairs. Geeez... I realized that I never was in the men's department at Zara. So boring... till I saw a jacket I liked, tried it on... oh well... so boring and bad quality. No, for men's stuff I prefer to buy higher quality. But this skirt - nice.

Anyway... after I bought the skirt(s), I went to my fabric store, where I bought a lining for a leather clutch I am currently sewing. They are (almost) never friendly there (you can go there dressed in a custom tailored men's suit, they will still be unfriendly), but they have a very broad range of fabric, which is why I still go there. When I walked out of that fabric store, waiting at the pedestrian light, there was a woman standing next to me, maybe in her early 50s. I looked (or probably even eyeballed) her, as she was wearing an offwhite jacket similar to a jacket I had just bought this season, and I was curious on what she had combined with it. Okay... not that great ensemble she put together (black jeggings, black turtleneck, bordeaux colored patent sneakers).

She noticed that I was looking at her and suddenly (quite unexpected :cheeky:) started to talk: "Nice boots", she said, "Tommy Hilfiger." The lights changed to green. "Thanks", I answered, starting to walk. She walked parallel to me: "One really notices if you pay a bit more for higher quality."

I told her that I really liked the boots but that they were already around 3 years old. We had crossed the street, she still continued to walked at my side. "Tommy Hilfiger just has a sale right now, 30% off, I just bought a very similar sweater to what you are wearing in black color."

Was she hitting on me? Geeez... she was nice, but definitely not my type. Still, I enjoyed the conversation. I told her that I had already spent quite a lot the past few months and that I actually didn't find anything that I liked of Hilfiger this season. "Oh... so what brands did you buy?"

Burberry, Prada, Strenesse.... "Oh wow, you are a real posh shopper then." She was giving me a big smile. "One doesn't see men wearing knee high boots that often."

True, I answered, but there are boots that are produced for men that are knee-high, which I started with. Often these are much more expensive than when you shop a similar kind in the women's section. I pointed to the Hilfiger boots I was wearing.

"So these are from the women's department then?" She was getting big eyes, but without really being shocked (imagine this one: :shocked:, but still smiling).

Yes.

"Cool, good stuff. More men should be bold enough to do that. It would also save them money."

She started a monologue on how bad people are dressed nowadays and how simple it would be to dress nicely. And that men in particular are not dressed that well. On the colors in this winter, that bordeaux is not even the color she likes, but that she likes the ensemble I put together.

We were finally at the point where I had to turn left, and she had to turn right. I decided not to follow up, as she really wasn't my type, although the conversation had been something I hadn't experienced for quite a while now.

"I am heading over to meet a female friend of mine now at (she gave me a restaurant name). Have you ever been there?"

Geeez, she was hitting on me. I answered that I didn't know that restaurant and that I needed to head the other way.

"You should probably visit it some time, it's really great. Well... have a nice day then!"

I replied that I would wish her a nice day as well and that I enjoyed our conversation. She gave me a big smile, waved and went her way.

I am still positively surprised by that conversation. Hmm... so this type of girl exists, one that likes men dressing differently. One just has to find her (or be found). I would have made an advance if she was 10 years younger, not looking like she has been smoking a pack of cigarettes every day since she was legally allowed to do so... still... that conversation made my day.

I walked back to the Xmas-market where I got some Crepe, then headed to my tailor where I picked up my Burberry jacket that had the bust space removed (flat front now), so I can wear it as a guy.

No other events that day, went back to the parking garage and drove home after that.

• Like 4

The Forum has been a bit slow as of late.  In fact until a few weeks ago, I hadn't posted here in more than a year, I think.  Not sure why, I guess I'm at a point where I am cool with going out a few times a week in heels and its no longer a big deal for me to talk about it.  Also, I'm not very good at making my ventures out in public sound as interesting as some others around here do and I am happy reading their threads and getting occasional inspiration from them.

I did recently find some pretty cool websites that support freestylers and any guys wanting to go out in heels (and even skirts, etc).  I apologize in advance if any of these have been posted previously. These sites are somewhat overlapping and some appear to be managed by the same guy, but anyway, lots of interesting pictures for guys in heels.  A few of the pinterest site pictures go a too far into crossdressing, but most of them are pretty decent styles (guy look on top, gal look on the bottom):

https://www.pinterest.com/lorrainegoe1707/mens-skirts-and-dresses-high-heels/ ...

http://legstyle.blogspot.com/ ... http://lookbook.nu/legstyle ...  and http://lookbook.nu/look/7708740-Xapple-Black-High-Heels-George-Sheer-Tights

As often as I've viewed arrays of men in high heels pictures, it makes me wondered why we aren't actively regaled with media reports and/or advertisements citing or promoting this look for men. Then I'm reminded of the world's attitude towards such activities.

Individuality is a natural fact of life, but the way people have been taught to approach life, often curtails it. The worst of this situation is most people are under the understanding that society has always had control over what individuals could choose to adorn their appearance for social activities and they just accept it. I have no way of knowing the perspectives of other people and I'm fairly sure others have just as limited an access as to all of my thoughts and feelings. For society to determine what we should choose, directly ignores our individualism and goes against the natural laws that give each of us the freedom and right to decide our own personal appearance.

Freestyle75, I encourage you to start your own thread or blog, I really like your taste. Too few here have a real fashion sense. It's been years since I've posted (photos particularly--and now very dated) but I still read, and you are my favorite. The crossing walk story was fun. Maybe you should have gone to the restaurant. 

On 12/8/2015 at 10:03 AM, Steve63130 said:

The trouble with starting one's own thread is that, more often than not, it gets either repetitive or the poster gets bored and stops doing it. You and JeffB are exceptions, and there may be others, but so many "Adventures of So-and-so" threads have gone dormant and in most cases, that's too bad. 

Well, I try as best I can to keep my thread fresh and interesting and non-repetitive, what with my going to different places and different encounters with the public, such as they are. Of course, since I wear skirts, I can't exactly hide in plain sight as others here do by just wearing heels under pants and jeans, yet, sometimes, I manage to do just that. In any event, I feel it's important to support each other here as best we can, to demonstrate through our actions that we're not odd or strange because we choose to wear women's shoes (and, in my case, clothes).

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff,

You do very well. I read all your posts and have done so since the beginning. You're an inspiration. I just wish those who started a blog thread would keep it up like you do, with frequent postings, details, and pictures. I realize it's a big commitment, but I believe it motivates a lot of readers.

Steve

I just found hhplace over the weekend. I've felt alone like I've been hiding something for a long time, almost scared to say high heels in public like it was taboo or something.

But it is nice to know there are others out there. Here are some new ones I got.

No longer feeling as alone.

IMG_0003.jpg

53 minutes ago, subtle said:

I just found hhplace over the weekend. I've felt alone like I've been hiding something for a long time, almost scared to say high heels in public like it was taboo or something.

But it is nice to know there are others out there. Here are some new ones I got.

IMG_0003.jpg

You are not alone we are guys doing what we think is right for us. Getting out in public is fun and can be exciting 

Have fun and welcome 

Hey! subtle,

I'm happy that you want to join us. Your desire to wear heels is a natural human trait. Society has tried to limit who wears them, but they don't have control over what a person thinks, feels and has the taste for. By gaining the courage to throw off the man-made shame society is trying to promote upon guys seeming to invade the female side of attiring, you will experience the real joy of freedom in wearing the footwear you are choosing. I'm sure your aware that women have chosen to wear men's items, so why can't men wear items generally found in the women's areas.  

Welcome aboard, subtle! I hope you'll enjoy HHP! And no, men wearing high heels isn't a big deal, nor is it any sort of taboo. Just enjoy what you like and take pride in your passion, just we all do here.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

13 hours ago, subtle said:

Hello and welcome to the forum, Subtle.

Yes, you can feel very alone out there, as the number of guys brave enough to go out in heels is really very small.  Depending on where you live, your chances of you seeing another guy in person in heels, is probably less than your chances of winning a good amount of money in a lottery.  But there is lots of proof that we do exist both here on this forum and by scouring the web.

The number of guys doing it in the privacy of their own home is likely very much higher...  I would guess greater than 10%, but probably much higher than that.  It's a shame society can make you feel so wrong when women have earned the privilege to wear pretty much whatever they want without much concern.  Guys can do that as well, but it definitely takes a lot more courage and the ability to overcome all of that negative programming out of your head.  Once you realize almost all of it is just in your head, and that most people don't care what you wear, it gets easier in time.  Almost everyone around you is far more concerned about their own lives, completing their own daily tasks, etc.  Of course, there is the occasional a-hole that seem to feel the need to call out others to make them feel better about themselves, but its pretty rare to run into that.

Anyway, glad to see another member here, hope to hear more from you in the future.

I was out shopping last week, and my coat (calf length black velvet with leopard print lining) got more comments and compliments than my shoes, and I wasn't exactly trying to hide my peep-toe shoes and red toenails. I find it's a rarity that I get shoe comments any more (although I got one this morning!) and even when wearing something really girly (my favorite outfit now is a really long leopard print layered skirt, chocolate brown top, paired with my impractically high black peep toe shoes and velvet coat when necessary) I've only had one person comment, and it was a positive comment too, although I get some wide eyed stares at times.