Boot fashion for this winter (2015-2016)

Steve63130

That most reputable(?) source, Yahoo Style, shows 16 different women's boot styles (mostly heels) and tells us definitively what's IN and what's OUT. Now you'll know how to spend your money.

Seriously, take it with a grain of salt. Trends come and go.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/6-boot-styles-look-little-203211871/photo-out-quilted-boots-1447706500383.html

Steve
  • Like 1

I'm glad to see some of the "Out" boots are out, but I have never understood the concept of the "In" peep toe thigh boots.  Of well my budge wouldn't allow me to try them anyway, but it is good to see that tall boots are "In".

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

4 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I'm glad to see some of the "Out" boots are out, but I have never understood the concept of the "In" peep toe thigh boots. 

Me neither. I always thought the whole point of boots was to keep your feet and legs warm. Having open parts in them other then the top kinda defeats that purpose. Maybe if you plan to walk down the red carpet in a revealing dress, but I doubt many women are planning to do that.

The notion of peep toe ANYTHING where I live at this time of year makes zero sense. I'm sure such boots would be stylish out in L.A. with it's perpetual warmth, but on the east coast? In winter? No thanks! However, the notion of over-the-knee boots looks intriguing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

12 hours ago, JeffB said:

The notion of peep toe ANYTHING where I live at this time of year makes zero sense. I'm sure such boots would be stylish out in L.A. with it's perpetual warmth, but on the east coast? In winter? No thanks! However, the notion of over-the-knee boots looks intriguing.

JeffB I quite agree.  I'm a little further south than you are but we still get cold fronts from the north barreling through.  It isn't the cold or the snow that makes peep toe shoes/boots undesirable rather its the cold wet and slush plus the fact that they hurt my toes.

By the way, thigh boots qualify as over the knee boots. :wink:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how you guys see it but when I have walked into a DSW this year and can see the whole assortment my eyes are panning the dullest footwear selection in over six years that I stopped buying shoes or any other clothes or accessories on the internet. Heel heights are down and the colour schemes are just not as striking from even just three years ago. HappyinHeels

I definitely agree with you HiH. In fact, before December started, I've not bought any new heels since February! I did buy a pair of Naturalizer "Taylor" low-heel loafers at 25% off, a pair of heeled Born sandals on Ebay, and a pair of Clark's loafer pumps with 3" heels, also on Ebay, all in the past two weeks. But it's been a lean summer and fall. Nothing very interesting at all.

On the other foot, it's been good for the wallet. :happy:

Steve

I have actually gone to the Amazon webpage to shop for some pleaser boots as well as a pair of the new boots from China.  I just got these boots within two weeks.  They are lovely to wear but I am a bit wary of the heels being steady.

There was a blurb on the CNBC's Nightly Business Report about retailers having a hard time selling "winter" clothing (and they specifically mentioned boots) because of the unseasonably warm weather we have been having in the States.  Retailers were cutting prices as much as 60% even before Christmas.  There may not be a desirable selection out there but there may be a few bargains.