Good trip out!

Bigfoot15

20151105_131257-1.thumb.jpg.1311fcef0c49Was enjoying  a day off from work by doing some chores around the house. Was in heels all morning. Was needing to go to town and run a few errands. Was enjoying the heels so much I just didn't want to change shoes. Have only been out in public about 3 times with heels with no problems. So I drove to town (Photo of me driving  in heels above). Grabed lunch, paid some bills, and ran into the post office. Thought of a few groceries we needed at home so I ended up  spenting about 45 minute in the store. While in line to pay a nice looking lady a little older than me committed on my shoes. She told me she hadn't seen many men wearing high heels but she did like the way they looked. I thanked her and paid for my groceries and headed home. Got home feeling very confident. Each time I go out it gets easier and easier.

• Like 1

Aren't complements great?

Sounds like you had a fine, confidence building time.

For any new folks - I have yet to read a post that said, "It gets harder and harder every time I go out."  It really does get easier as you become more confident in yourself.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Confidence is definitely key! I know it's easier said, than done, however, when you go out in heels, it really IS easier to just "own" the fact that your wearing them. In other words...Rock Them Heels! No need to worry what people may think or say! Matter of fact, the more confident you appear to those who notice (and believe me, many, many people are clueless or are simply too focussed on what they themselves are doing, to notice or care what some guy they don't even know, is wearing for footwear). I always appreciate compliments and positive comments about my heels, however, I have come to realize over many years of wearing heels in public, that the simme truth, is that me going out in heels is really no different (as far as others' reactions) than me going out in men's footwear. The only difference, is that at least in my headspace, I've fulfilled my enjoyment and felt the exhileration of wearing heels in public. Something millions of men want to do, but can't bring themselves to do, without anxiety and angst. The truth, is that if those millions of men knew how much of a non-event it really is, to go out and do it, they would be kicking themselves for not doing it sooner!  I know when I first started wearing heels in public, I was stunned that I did not get so much as one negative reaction after the first dozen or so times. Every so often, I would get a strange look from someone, or hear someone chuckle, but that was basically it! And you know what? It is totally worth it, to wear what you want, and be happy! 

• Like 1

Bigfoot, Your experience of being out in high heels is a parallel to mine.  It does get "better" each time out…   Have fun…  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It does get easier each time I go out. This heeling in public can be addictive. I did do something a little different this time. By no means do I cross-dress, as a whole. I like going out in heels dressed as a man. But I did wear a pair of nude colored thigh highs under my jeans, and I have to say it enhanced the experience a lot. I have nothing against cross-dressing at all. I admire you guys that can pull it off. No way could I ever pass as a woman and really don't have the desire too. I just  really don't understand  the whole men and women's clothing options thing. I think we should all wear what feels and looks good, no matter what society thinks! I am finally beginning to do that no matter what other people think!

The idea of wearing or choosing to wear items not meant for you comes from the societal mind-set that has been handed down through the ages. Once attire became status and/or social identifiers, the choice to select the outfits one wishes to enhance their appearance was taken away. People got into the frame of mind of being told what was proper to wear by those who most likely didn't even know them. Originally, what one wears was suppose to be a personal matter. A person's tastes and perspectives are some of the results of their innate senses, which gives them the personality of distinct individuals. For anybody else to tell some one what is best for them to wear directly conflicts with what individuality is all about. To strengthen society's hold for what people could choose to wear, rules were made to inforce their dictatorial position over fashion, items were labeled to note selected and intended buyers, and degrading references are promoted to keep people thinking within society's control.

Bigfoot15,

I have a few sandals like the ones posted but eventually got more into high wedges for everyday, ankle or kneeboots in winter, and pumps with stiletto heels for more dressy occasions. Am curious where you live and what you pair your heels with. This is, after all, a high heels fashion community so we always are looking for the next great look or outfit :happy:  HappyinHeels

On 11/13/2015, 10:45:13, Bigfoot15 said:

But I did wear a pair of nude colored thigh highs under my jeans, and I have to say it enhanced the experience a lot.

I have worn those and they do feel great but it's no where as good as wearing a pair of thigh high boots.  Add wearing a pair of thigh boots to your bucket list, and you can wear them as a guy.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have thought about getting a pair of thigh high boots. They do come in my size. I do question the size of the thigh part.  If I knew that they would fit like I wanted  I would order a pair. I agree that it would be a great experience wearing them.

Happyinheels;

I live in the southern US. About an hour from a large city. As for what I pair with my heels. So far it has been a regular fit pair of jeans, and a nice T-shirt or a button down shirt not tucked in. I have tried to wear what is comfortable. I wish I could find a pair of wedges in my size. I have looked but no luck. I did just order a pair of ankle boots (Indulge-1026 by Pleaser) for the upcoming season. I hope they come in this week. Most all my heels are black. I do have a pair of Black and white heels and a pair of white Mary-Janes.

On 11/23/2015, 5:31:27, Bigfoot15 said:

I have thought about getting a pair of thigh high boots. They do come in my size. I do question the size of the thigh part.  If I knew that they would fit like I wanted  I would order a pair. I agree that it would be a great experience wearing them.

I have seen thigh boots in as large as a 16.  My thigh is 20" and my Pleaser 8899's size 14 have plenty of room (too much actually). I recently took 2" out of the shaft from knee to ankle for a better fit. 

bootseam.jpg.929d9a6bdcf6bcbb2d2daa65d85

I have also seen boots with a wide calf, and there is always made to measure boots.

I have measured my thigh and it is 22". Those might work. I will check out the ones you show in your photo. I've  been looking at the Seduce-3010, but I think I would like the 3024 that laces up the front. It might give a better fit. Not exactly  sure about the look if I wear them out. I really appreciate  the help and the support.