Out and about with Rockbass...

Rockbass19

Yesterday, Mrs. Rockbass and I went out to celebrate her birthday, along with our 5 year old daughter.  

She had just come home from a job interview and looked very nice and was wearing her calf-boots with one-inch block heels with her outfit.  She did not want to change her clothes, so I figured I would dress a little nicer being that it was her birthday.

So, I put on a black button-down collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up to just below the elbow, along with a pair of blue Rock Revival jeans.  

I recently purchased the Brash Punch Lug boots from Payless and figured they would go great with my outfit, however, in the past my wife has said she did not want to be seen with me while I was wearing heels unless it was Halloween.  But I went for it.  Before we left the house, my wife clearly saw the boots I had just put on, but said nothing.  The jeans have a somewhat flared leg so they hid the boots somewhat well.

First, we took our daughter to a toy store so she could spend her birthday money (her birthday was a few days earlier).  We walked all over the toy store for about 30 minutes before she finally picked out a toy.

Then, we went to lunch at Olive Garden, followed by a trip to the local mall to let her pick out a new purse which I would buy as her birthday gift.

I got no looks, no stares, no comments, and felt great in my heels.  The wife didn't mind either, so I think she has become tolerant of my heeling desires, which is a step up from where we were...

The boots were nice because they weren't too high, didn't hurt much, and they don't make a click/clack noise due to the rubber heel.  I consider this my most successful public heeling outing, to-date...

image.jpeg

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I suspect the shoes passed, due to the fact they look like rugged work boots that men normally wear. OK, so the heels are half an inch to three quarters of an inch higher than usual, but the sole is also fairly thick. 

With boots like that, I'm not surprised nobody noticed. Quiet heels make a difference

I was out Friday and stopped by a JoAnn fabrics for a piece of table cloth like material. My heels were very noisy, and I'm sure everyone noticed - - there were some downward glances as I arrived at the cutting counter. The noise is the trigger in most cases.

Edited by Heelster

Rockbass, glad your outing went well. Those boots shouldn't cause the missus any problems, so I'm happy she approved (or at least didn't disapprove!). Do that a few more times and the more she gets used to nobody noticing, the more comfortable she'll become. Take baby steps, but lots of them, and you'll make good progress in the long run.
 Just be patient.

Steve