Survey reveals 32% of men would like to wear heels to work

freestyle75

Found this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/startling-survey-reveals-more-quarter-6497382

and two radio DJs sharing their opinion on that:

http://www.1013.com/media/podcast-marcus-and-sandy-MarcusAndSandy/32-of-men-want-to-wear-26379854/

I would have expected something like 5-10%, but the North West of the UK seems to be full of (closeted) heelers ;)

Well, there has to be a considerable market considering how many large size fetish heels there are on offer. Now if only the Louboutins and regular shoe chains would get the hint.....

That being said I do have my doubts as to what constitutes heels to those men who got polled. Considering that greater confidence in the workplace was being cited I suspect what most of those men want is not female footwear but male shoes with some heels to look taller.

agreed, not sure it's about heels as we know them but sure hope it is. Great start I hope this goes viral just to see what the international response would be. 

Edited by Jkrenzer

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to see the survey sample. Typically in the USA the size is 800-1200 people. Very curious that the stiletto heel was specified which is arguably the most feminine-appearing and requires the most skill to master. I wonder what the survey % might rise to if any type of heel is specified and it is not confined to work. I have interviewed scores of retail staffs about men buying/looking/ and trying on high heels and they all tell me two things; firstly that there are many more men making contact whether it's just window shopping, coming into the store and browsing, or sitting down and trying them on and ultimately buying them. This includes a quite small, but growing number of men who actually wear heels into a store removing any doubt and stigma any salesperson might have. Secondly there is the observation by these same retail staffs of seeing many men wearing heels in the malls as they walk by their storefronts. Perhaps it's the distracted gadget culture or just a change in attitudes but I can say that a guy wearing a cardigan or turtleneck sweater, bootcut jeans, and wedge sandals doesn't seem to get noticed much or raise any fuss in the hubbub of a large urban area based upon what I have personally seen. I think men envy the fashion freedom that women seem to enjoy. The only bogeymen impeding men from actually wearing what they want  are the mental ones that place in front of themselves. HappyinHeels

I don't wear high heels to work, in my case it would not be appropriate.  However, I have worn heels to work when "passing thru - off the clock" on a day off to pick up a check or deliver a message.  In my case given the nature of the work high heels would not be proper (or safe).  

Buttttt....  If I did have a job where it was "appropriate" to wear heels, I would do it in a minute....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, I for one, feel the percentage is greater than this so called poll claims.  I think that most guys are very attracted to heels on women, and have a very secret desire to wear heels themselves.  Most guys would never admit it though. 

I agree...what guy does not take a "double take" of a woman that is wearing a great pair of heels. It changes their whole appearance from posture to the way they walk. I love it when I see my wife in heels. Its one of the reasons why I wanted to wear them...they look great I and wanted to be able to see how I looked in them. I think a lot more men are curious than they let on.

• Like 1

Coming from the perspective of how society has been programmed to functions, as more people become aware of the sure numbers of men wearing heels, the sooner heels for men become fashionable. It's like the line of menswear didn't become fashionable for women over night, they had already been wearing men's clothes. This doesn't mean everybody would accept these changes, for even today there are men and women with attitudes that want women to only wear dress-like attire and stay in the home. 

From my perspective, these type of matters fall within the wearer's jurisdiction, not with the public's attitude. Individuals have the natural right to make their own choices on matters that are suppose to be made from what they have the desires, ability, tastes, and availability to portray their own self and personality.