Any advices for drying inside the pumps?

jim102

If the materials are man-made then just let them dry naturally. If the adhesives aren't water resistant, you might have to take your heels to the repair shop. For animal hides, the use of leather rejuvenators should be applied to keep the hides from cracking because of being dry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I have recently used for fun my heels in the shower lol! With an hairdryer it takes few days! Below my bed it is a little cold.

Thank you!

Hope you enjoyed your shower Jim!.

I registered on this site ages ago, but only recently started visiting again. I have frequently enjoyed heels in such locations, and can say that a good way is to use those small pouches of silica gel you can buy for sending sensitive products in the mail. You can buy them online cheaply. Stuff them inside and hey presto!!.

• 5 weeks later...

Only just seen the thread, so appreciate its over a month late but for future reference, just stuff them with newspaper and leave over night. When drying out my walking boots etc, I also leave them on a medium warm radiator too. Take the paper out the next day and replace if the paper is sodden. If not, I just leave them on the radiator for the rest of the day to finally dry out the remaining moisture.

Of course leather heels etc are a little more delicate but similar principles apply; draw as much water out as possible into an absorbent material and air in warm dry conditions to drive off the remaining moisture but not too hard / fast so that you end up leaving a tide line of salts etc.