Do you ever feel feminine?

Jamie001

Do you ever feel feminine when wearing high heels? Looking down at my 3.5 inch wedge thong sandals and 10 professionally pedicured fire engine red toenails makes me feel feminine. I get a lot of compliments on my sandals and red toenails from women. It is really a good feeling. Most men will never understand what it is like to "feel pretty".

Jamie

• Like 2

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I don't know if I feel "feminine" per se when I wear heels, but I do feel happy, confident, self assured and probably several other emotions.  Like you Jamie, I prefer thong style sandals, and get frequent pedicures and paint my nails.  It just seems to make sense that if a guy (or gal for that matter) wants to wear nice sandals, you feet should look nice as well.  To me it is all a complete package.  Attached is a picture to illustrate.  "Feminine," not so sure, enjoying life - most definitely!!!!    Take care all, sf

IMG_6315.JPG

• Like 4

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF Nice look . So far as feminine sometimes, depends on what I am wearing with my heels.  I can wear clogs and feel confident , wedge sandals  and feel famine , Boots seem to make me feel very dominant . My avatar heels give me a warm fuzzy feeling of submission even with jeans . 

• Like 2

I like that my feet look much smaller in heels. Quite funny story: When I was buying my Chloé boots (heels) the other day, I went into the store wearing my Lanvin sneakers (no heel). The guy in the store looked at the Lanvin sneakers like this... :roll:, handed me the size 11 Chloé boots and said "they will never fit".

I stepped into the Chloé boots and with a small hissing sound my foot was seated nicely and comfortably in the boot. Not too small, not at all. Just my feet suddenly looked 3 sizes smaller. The guy then looked like this: :shocked: ... and said "wow. Your sneakers make your feet look really large"

I guess the main difference in fashion between feminine and masculine clothing: Masculine clothing tends to make things appear bigger (shoulders in a jacket, squarish cut of jackets, feet in boots, etc.), while feminine clothing manages to make things smaller, e.g. by close fitting shirts, intelligent cuts, tailored/fitted jackets, etc. Apart from that, female fashion is much more interesting when it comes to variety. Variety of colors, materials, cuts, and sort of "available models" (e.g. consider a men's shirt vs. the variety of women's blouses).

So - do I feel feminine? I don't know. I am transgendered, but I didn't transition and you wouldn't notice if you saw me in the office. At age 40, with gray hair and much less hair than 10 years ago, I prefer a buzz-cut nowadays. Do I feel masculine if I run around with a chain saw to cut trees in the garden of my parents? Not really.

But... when I get up in the morning and feel like I would like to wear heels today, and I am able to do that (e.g. on weekends, no office work), I feel complete. It sounds weird, but dressing the way I want to provides me with expressing part of myself that would otherwise be lost. Don't know whether that's the feminine part, but once I realized that this was an integral part of me that I could act on (in public, without any problems), my life became better.

Edited by freestyle75
  • Like 2

The gender terms, we place on people, are social (man-made) perceptions based on a consolidated list of most human behaviors, mannerisms, appearances, and desires, that later became classified into these three groups: Masculinity, Femininity, and Neuter. The instigators of the gender classifications rendered the items of their list according to a person's sex organs meant to spawn human offspring(s). Hence, gender began to be used synonymously with sexual connotations. This led to the understanding that one's sex is their gender, which actually isn't true. Upon realizing these inaccuracies, society started making rules and laws to make people comply with it's gender proclamations and those who didn't were subject to public ridicule and forced compliance along with social confinement and treatments. Some have even been sentenced or put to death for non-compliance. The use of malicious vocal attacks to increase the shame on people for not complying have been part of the results promoted by this social attitude. All of this hardship could have been avoided had society accepted that the gender theory was not a true assessment of human nature. Each individual develops their own personality according to who they are. For society to continue degrading people who are just being themselves can only squelch the potential everyone could have experienced had the outlook been that of feeling free to live a full life. Real life successes are achieved when those involved can contribute all that they are by getting support and serving others.

Do I ever feel feminine as a guy? I think it's part of being human and feeling the complete mortal experience as I pursue or cause it.

• Like 1

Yes, I feel feminine - but only if it helps to answer the questions regarding why I use make-up, shop from the women´s department, wear heels, prefer feminine perfumes ...

My point of view ist that gender is more of a spectrum than a definite thing. So for me it is not about being 100% male or 100% or having to be trans, if I use style elements from the female side of the shop. For me adding heels to an outfit makes me feel strong. Using make-up makes me feel sophisticated. Wearing edgy clothes makes me feel outstanding. This is nothing related to male or female.

And by the end:we are no longer living in the age of muscle power. Since the first machine age made muscle power nearly obsolete in most parts of our life, I think that the gender discussion is not longer really needed.

• Like 1

Do I ever feel feminine, absolutely; but I also feel masculine.  I have long recognized there were two (at least) sides to me and I like to take advantage of each of them.  My fermium side does the artistic stuff like drawing, painting, music, photography, and programming while my masculine side has the mechanical aptitude that works with machinery and fixing stuff and  also allowed me to do wedding photography (standing in the middle of the isle to get a picture of the oncoming bride and her dad).  The masculine side gives me confidence to wear heels in public which my fermium side wants to do.  At least I think that is what is going on.  I'm not sure if it's my feminine side what likes to wear skirts and heels or my masculine side wanting to show off and be noticed.  Either way it is fun to know there are at least two components working together and I like to take advantage of each one.  It's keeping them in a reasonable balance that is often the challenge.

Hence, gender began to be used synonymously with sexual connotations. This led to the understanding that one's sex is their gender, which actually isn't true.

The differentiation between gender and your biologic sex is something which I hadn't considered.  I had always lumped the two together so I thank you for clarifying my thinking.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yes, I feel feminine when I wear heels and tight clothing, but I am not quite sure why. Perhaps it is what I find attractive to my eye, so I try to emulate the style myself. It is a feeling that I can neither describe nor fully understand. 

Perhaps it is because I am small and slender, perhaps it's because I rail against the macho-bullshit culture of my profession, but I certainly identify with my feminine side, while at the same time embracing my rough and tumble masculine side. 

• Like 4

I sometimes feel feminine when I`m wearing heels and at other times I feel masculine when wearing them. I feel much happier wearing heels and I tend not to focus too much on whether I`m feeling more feminine or masculine. 

• Like 1

To me it is not about feeling feminine of masculine. I have worn boots outside about four or five times, unfortunately I am still working the courage to do so and I feel like somewhat all the attention is on my choice of footwear, even though most people don't even pay attention to them.  So basically, when wearing boots or leggings outside I feel self conscious.  

That being said, wearing tight clothing, leather, boots and hosiery makes me feel sexy and confident, at least in the privacy of my house.  I know that my style, even though it comes from the feminine side of the store doesn't really make me look feminine.  I am a man and even with those clothes I walk and talk like a man.  My mannerisms come from the masculine side.  

I don't really think about looking feminine, I don't feel feminine.  I know that given a choice, my wardrobe would be 90% feminine, and I would still feel masculine albeit with a way different look than what we are used to.   

I just like the look of high heels legs  and skirts.. looks and feels sexy too many women nowadays dress like men  and no one bats an eyelid  many times see women in cheque shirts jeans and boots with short hair but if you see a man out in heels and skirt   its frowned at

They instantly think you are gay transgender when all you want is to look good and smart wearing different clothes

I dont fancy men ... i love women and enjoy dressing in skirts heels and stockings i do wear a wig but no makeup

Many Men dont  look after themselves properly nasal hair ear hair long eyebrows

I like to look after my apearance does that make me feminine?

when dressed I like to look good smart office type , not tarty

Men could be more excepted if they dressed in heels and skirts sensibly but many don the shortest skirt the highest heels and outragoeous wigs and boobs and makeup that makes them stand out like circus freaks

its this stereo type that haunts us all

• Like 2

I think wearing what you like is what you should do.  I have been out in public quite a bit   Sometimes in a skirt above the knees and sometimes a mini that shows a lot of leg.   Always in the highest heels.   I do not fully dress as some put it at all.   When I am seen out its 100 % guy wearing heels tights skirt and some kind of a shirt.  I turn a lot of heads and hardly ever get a negitive comment.  Usually a passerby with the WTF comment.   Most is a smile hello or when I stop in a store a parting " have a good nite sir".   If you go to my albums you will see some of the outfits I have been out in

I don't really know how to describe how I feel, but definitely there is a transformation in how I perceive myself, and how others interact with me in public, when wearing heels.

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it....oh!

Do I ever feel feminine, yes! Once I understood what I was feeling then I knew I have feminine feelings and attributes, like all the time now. It has taken me along time to sort that out but I am now happy about it and even more so now I do something with that. I have allowed myself to progress and be who I am. Do I have feminine feelings when I wear certain items like heels, yes but because I do it regularly I feel normal and feminine. I do like how I look with heels and other items.

Good question Jamie001!

Men could be more excepted if they dressed in heels and skirts sensibly but many don the shortest skirt the highest heels and outragoeous wigs and boobs and makeup that makes them stand out like circus freaks

its this stereo type that haunts us all

I can hear what you are saying and i certainly am a proponent of dressing for the situation and your age, but i also believe people should wear what they want. If they want to dress as a drag performer, ok have at it.

Another item to note is that some of those "circus" folks are transgender and simply trying to dress as their identified gender. Having said that i believe many of my sisters could use more fashion advice.

• Like 1

All,

What Thighbootguy describes and HiStiletto defines is the essence of gender fluidity and it fits me well. One day I was in jeans, a flannel shirt, and work boots digging a drainage ditch along our driveway and two days later I was wearing stretchy bootcut jeans, a turtleneck sweater, and 5" cork wedges while shopping at an outlet center. Flowing from one gender to the other and back as an expression of the mood that day. It only logically follows that the clothes match the predominant mood; mostly masculine in the former and mostly feminine in the latter. I like work gloves and also long polished fingernails. I like knee-high rubber boots for the sloppy jobs and I also adore 6" heels for those enjoyable shopping occasions. I like football and hockey jerseys and colorful summer dresses. This is me and it always has been.   I believe this is the true "transgender" and NOT what Bruce Jenner did. HappyinHeels

• Like 3

To me, transgender and gayness are states of mind, for everyone has all the gender traits with in them. They have just developed some traits more than others as their personality matures. Due to the gender theory stereotyping what a person is suppose to be like and society taking it as truth, those that have non-stereotypical experiences feel they are defective humans and need some sort of rectification or sex adjustment. Just because I have the very same hopes or desires that both men and women have, doesn't mean I want to change my sex. I just want to experience life to the fullest extent that my desires and abilities are leading me. Granted the technology for males being pregnant hasn't come about yet, but I wouldn't have passed up the opportunity had it been available. OK, colonizing Mars hasn't been on my to do list, but taking a trip around the world with my special someone? Sure, why not, if I can ever afford it after all my other desires have been achieved? Wearing heels has become somewhat of an obsession because of the social opposition that made me deter such activities openly while growing up. I still would have worn heels had they been part of my clothing ensemble like the girls my age could choose, but my wanting to wear heels would be more noted in the same way many women are known to fawn over them.  

Gender and sexual preference are two distinct things and both are generally on a spectrum, biology likely has something to do with both. From a biological sex standpoint, the facts that we have need both hormones in our body and actually start out in the womb as female, are interesting facts. Gender fluidity and Gender non-conformity indeed are states of mind and expression of the underlying gender spectrum, and how people choose to express it. We all know men that must express themselves as "super macho" for their well being, and women who must express themselves as ultra-feminine.  There are a lot of people in between.

My wife who's appearance is very feminine, has a lot of male traits, even the entertainment she likes is traditionally male associated. There is no doubt to anyone that she is the leader in our home as well. Caitlin Jenner transitioned to her identified gender fully and lives every day as a woman, it is as simple as that. Many of us do and many more of us will in the future. In the future i am betting the technology will exist to give TG women the ability to bear children (and possibly men as well ). What peeves me at times is attitudes of this sort of expression is ok, but that sort isn't. Fortunately we are seeing less and less of that in western society anyways.

Back when i was a teen and young man and started to put on feminine items, i knew i was at home from a gender standpoint. I never saw feminine as anything as but positive. If i ever even made a misogynist joke, or in anger used gender negatively, i don't remember it. I hope i did not. I don't think many men fully realize what it is like to be female, which is ok because why would they? The advantage that men have had, the disadvantage that women have faced is hard to imagine unless you have faced it. TG women are often shocked at how they are treated/objectified after they transition. 

So whether you are a manly man, feminine man, transgender or something in between and you wear heels or more, appreciate the small expression of something that is seen as feminine. It's all positive and doesn't mean you are off to find a boyfriend (although that would be cool too )

When I am in a cute pair of pumps and a skirt that shows off my fabulous ass, yes I do! It would be nice to get the compliments that women do, but the sexism and being treated as a second class citizen would be wearing. When I am dolled up I do catch guys checking me out which is flattering, but none follow thru. So yes, the disappointment some women can feel is very real too. I think dressing like a drag queen does no favours, that's not a fair portrayal of women. Sadly the 'circus freak' image is what some guys go for if they choose to wear skirts with their heels. I wouldn't wear a skirt shorter than 20 inches, that's just me, and even then, that's more in the summer months. Pinterest has been good to find suitable business outfits that can look sexy, yet not trashy. If I wear a knee-length skirt,  then I would balance it with making sure it has a generous slit at the back to show off my legs, and perhaps stockings to go with the shoes. I have also bought some women's jeans which show off my legs when I team them with boots.

As a man, feminine traits are looked down upon, but I think gender roles are changing. I don't want to set the moderator off, so I won't say much more, but dressing well on a night out has got me some very nice results ♡♡

Edited by Kilty

I like to wear the styles that I enjoy  seeing others wearing. If I see someone wearing shiny brightly colored lycra leggings, cropped top showing the midriff and exotic heels I'm going to take notice and admire the view. It just so happens that it's most likely going to be worn by a female.

So when I dress for fun I'm very feminine but I don't particularly aim to be mistaken for a woman. I don't wear wigs or dresses, although I have worn a denim miniskirt on holiday. I enjoy being a man wearing the clothes I like. Generally I'm identified as an exhibitionist, which I guess is not particularly attributable to gender. I'd turn heads wearing my favorite outfits even if I was a woman.

There seems to be a "softening" of young male fashion at the moment. Supper skinny jeans and even the odd pair of leggings. On occasions I see androgynous guys wearing a bit of makeup dressed in wonderful outfits just begging to be completed with killer heels. Maybe it will come...one day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel very feminine in heels and especially when in a tight panty girdle and everything tucked in and over that a nice brightly colored pair of Silkie tights and a sexy pair of panties.  Right now I'm in pale pink panty girdle, Chartruse tights and a baige with black lace trimmed bikini panties.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, every time I put my high heel boots I feel feminine.  Everything from my facial expressions, my stride, my voice, my mannerisms all go into girl mode when I wear boots.  Today I went to a local coffee shop and was called ma'am which didn't bother me.  In fact I was excited that I was able to pass as a woman. If I carry myself as a woman, some may assume I am one and move on.  Putting on high heel boots makes me feel good about myself.  I feel that I have a certain look that not all males are able to pull off. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have a descriptor for how I feel. I really feel natural... I feel powerful.  I just feel great when I wear heels. 

People just need words to organize their feelings. 

If you're caring, endearing, kind, and welcoming, these seem like feminine traits, but as a man, I embody all of those. I think I can still be manly in heels, and not feminine,  but rather, I just feel like it's an extension of me.

On 23/11/2015 23:47:53, pumpcat said:

Of course I feel feminine. I'm a transwoman. I have some gender variant friends, and they wear whatever they feel like.  I think that's so cool. It's just nice to be ourselves.

This is why this thread lies in the "For the guys" section.....

Been giving this some thought and I would have to say no. I really don't have any interest in ' Trying to pass ' and given my overall appearance, there is  no way in hell I ever could without drastic life altering changes. I also have to consider the affects it would have in my line of work. Do I move and act differently?? Well I know I walk straighter, and my posture seems to improve. Beyond that, I don't know.

Gudulitooo ---- Please keep in mind that Pumpcat was one of us, and in some peoples eyes, still is.  Maybe heels and associated attire helped to determine what direction to take, but if happiness is the end results, so be it. Androgyny, Trans, gender fluidity - - whatever.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All..

Myself...I feel a little of both...but mainly masculine... as if society would accept it...I'd be comfortable just wearing heels with Jeans and trousers etc. ..don't get me wrong, I've also worn lingerie and felt very sexy... but generally I know I look ridiculous, I just wear men's cloths with my heels and feel great walking around the house... I have never really understood why I love wearing heels...its stems I think from my childhood, and trying on a pair of my mums shoes ...and I kind of remember the feeling of adolescent excitement. then it lay dormant until my first girlfriend having some amazing heels....and then the urges and feelings awoke when I tried them on....the rest is history

But these images would be my perfect work wear ... even Mr Tarrentino sports a good look here !!

hh2.jpg

hombres-tacones-L-eSAD7c.jpg

quentin_tarantino_heels.jpg