New member, a bit about myself.

Hi to all here at HHP.

New member here and I wanted to introduce myself to all the great people on this Forum.

My story is about the same as most, fell in love with high heels at a very young age. It started with mom’s shoes, then my sister’s shoes and then it came to a halt because their shoes did not fit me any longer. Because I could no longer wear the shoes the desire was still there.

As life moved forward I became a married guy and surprising enough, I could carefully fit into my wife’s heels. Being very careful not to bend or damage her shoes I was able to satisfy my passion again. This went on for a while, children came along and she ended up disposing of most of her heels because they were not practical any longer.

I never mentioned my love of high heels to her for the reason that I knew she just would not understand.

Divorce came along and some other issues came along which put a damper on my desire to wear heels. Just over a year ago the desire came back stronger than ever. It seems like every show on TV, every commercial on TV had a woman wearing some gorgeous looking heels, heck, even the women on the Weather Channel  were wearing stunning heels.

I happen to be out of state and as I am driving down the road what appears, a DSW store. I got the courage up to pull in the parking lot and then went in the store. I went to the front desk and asked if it was okay to look at women’s high heels, two girls were at the desk, one looked at me for a minute and said nothing while the other girl said it was not a problem. She asked if I was buying the shoes as a gift and I said no, the pause, the shoes are for me. She smiled and said let me measure your foot and then she took me to  try on shoes. The next question was heel height, I said if I am buying my first pair of heels, they better have some height to them. I ended up buying a pair of Nine West 5 inch heels.

Today, just over a year later I have twelve pairs of heels ranging from 3 ½” clog to 6” platform heels. Unfortunately, my living situation does not permit me to wear the heels in the house. I have gone to a couple parking garages, but that is about it. I wish I could find just one person that would accept the fact that I love to wear heels and let me wear them when I am with them.

Sorry about being long winded. Later 

• Like 1

Craziness, Welcome - enjoy this site, lots of excellent stories, advice and encouragement here.  I have worn gals shoes since I was a teen, and got "hooked" on heels back in 1995.  Been wearing proudly since.  You just have to start off slow, it sounds like your DSW experience was positive!!  You must be able to wear a gals size 10 'cause DSW doesn't have much available in the larger sizes - at least in my area.  

Have fun, and enjoy yourself.  You will find out that most folks don't notice, or even care, and some might even give you a compliment!  I wear heels often, spent most the whole day yesterday in these wedgie thongs.  

Again, welcome - and have fun!!   sf

IMG_1502.JPG

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Dear Craziness

Welcome buddy, give yourself plenty of credit for braving the DSW and overcoming your (ours/every guys) fears about buying heels.

Sorry to hear that your current living situation isn't accepting of your love of heels, I sure understand how that goes.  Hope that situation changes soon for you, until then, enjoy your heels anyway/time you can.

Glad you found us!

Thank all of you who replied, it feels good to share. I guess my biggest obstacle is getting over the fear of being seen by someone I know. A stranger seeing me in heels probably would not matter as much as a friend or acquaintance not understanding my affection for heels. 

I recently purchased a couple pairs of clogs, one pair has a 3 1/2 chunky type heel and the other pair has a 4 1/2 slender type heel, hopefully these shoes will help me build some confidence in wearing heels out in public.