2015 Fall High Heel Styles

maninpumps

Recently shoe styles seem to be rather boring in my opinion . This fall for the first time in years I declined shoe shopping . My wife asked if a doctor visit was in order or should she call an ambulance for me ? This fall seems to be rather lacking in the styles I  prefer to wear . Time has taught me styles do come and go . There are a lot of "pointy" toe pumps and "oxford" styles with bulky heels . Hopefully there will be more styles to my preference  in the winter or spring of 2016 .  What do you all think about my assessment ? Better yet how many of you all like this years styles ? I would also like the ladies to weigh in on this question as well. My wife says she is kind of disappointed as well . 

Hope everyone has a great day . 

Down here in Argentina we also are lacking nice shoes or boots. Most of the heels are chunky or thicker stilettos than the ones we had two or three years ago. We even have thick platforms with no form whatsoever.

For this SS season I'm having a hard time to find something nice.

It also seems that the heel height in most of the brands have dropped, I used to find 115mm heels around in my size and now they are 100mm or less... maybe even 80mm.

Maybe only Zara is carrying some nice models.

• Like 1

I played guitar at an art studio that opens to the public several times a year and attracts an "artsy" crowd.  As I watched the folks wander by I noticed that many of the females were wearing knee high boots with 3"- 4" block heels, at least one pair of thigh highs, and another pair of OTK walked by.  There were also several pair of stiletto booties on display.  I did have to concentrate on my playing with all this distraction.

The only guy in heels was me.  I was wearing a pair of black suede lace up knee high boots with 4" stiletto heels over jeans.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I don't think anyone needs corrective lenses this fall. What you are seeing convinces me the "shoe selection committee members" were captured and waterboarded into putting out the most boring fall footwear we have seen in years. It's like even the places that should be very interesting seem to want to be like "Famous Footwear" which has yet to get one sale from me. If your collection is sound though it should be able to get you through "heel highs" and "Heel holes". Keep in mind styles that were hot in 2012 or 2013 are likely to show up at clearance places like Ross Dress for Less and Burlington Coat Factory so you may still have chances. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Hearing what I did.  I decided to go to the following sites.  Saks 5th Ave and Nordstorms.   I boot selection was incredible, but I feel obligated to warn you all that if you look at these beautiful boots, keep a paper bag handy so you don't hyper-ventilate seeing the prices.  There are Loubains, Jimmy Choo's and St Lauraints all with 4 figure prices.  Now that I have given you the reality, the good news is that they heels are excellent in height and design.

• Like 1

Hearing what I did.  I decided to go to the following sites.  Saks 5th Ave and Nordstorms.   I boot selection was incredible, but I feel obligated to warn you all that if you look at these beautiful boots, keep a paper bag handy so you don't hyper-ventilate seeing the prices.  There are Loubains, Jimmy Choo's and St Lauraints all with 4 figure prices.  Now that I have given you the reality, the good news is that they heels are excellent in height and design.

But you won't see those designer heels in the regular shops. You're barely seeing their copies and knock offs. Let alone any heels in regular daily life.

• Like 1

When sales are down and the untasteful wares are left on the racks, a change for the better will come. Till then you'll just have to try searching in other markets that may have the heels you want. The cost may be more than you are willing to spend normally, but if they are the heels with in your taste, the cost can be budgeted making them more affordable and probably a better deal. Otherwise, you'll just have to grin and bear it as you step out in the heels you have.

• Like 1

I agree about the lack new inspiring styles for this fall, but yet again DProud7200 you are also quite correct in that you can find some new items at Nordstroms and Saks but with a huge price tag. I have also been looking at various fashion items and I do find some nice items. However they are all at the mega price tag 4 figures..or more. So I ask is it my style to to find these high priced items.. Back to the new styles for this fall, not as good as previous years that is for sure.

• Like 1

Aw, don't let a little thing like a mega price tag get in your way. Those $4,500CAD Louboutin "Paris" pumps I saw in the department store in Vancouver were outstanding and you're definitely worth it! Why not ask if they offer a quantity discount? HA HA HA!

:happy:

Steve

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Even with the designer boots (and I am certainly shopping in that segment), I have noticed that apart from the classic models, many of the 2015 fall/winter edition boots really were NOT my taste. Here the fugliest or most unpractical boots that I could find on one site:

fugly_zpsuryyouc2.jpg

Prada, Gianvito Rossi and Valentino clearly take up the 70s vibe with the patchwork boots. With the Valentino boots, I even like their shape (round toe, block heel), but the coloring...  although I first thought that this style only lasts one season, normally what happens is that the lower tier brands (Zara, H&M, etc.) will produce knockoffs a year later. So it *could* happen that we will see these styles in highstreet shops one year from now. But I hope not.

Giuseppe Zanotti's open-everything boots are nice for summer, but in winter? I don't know.

Jil Sander's fake snake leather also doesn't really vibe with me. I don't like the form of the shoe, the color and the texture. Complete fail.

Then there are the really strange color boots such as the one from Marc Jacobs. Same boot in black: great. This color? I don't know.

Chloé and Stella McCartney go for the granny-look. I don't want to be shot in those boots.

Marni is both impractical and doesn't really look nice in my opinion.

Normally I buy quite a lot of boots in fall/winter, but once you have the classic models "in stock", you are only looking at the current fashion trends for any additional buys, and I don't like what I see. Nonetheless, I spent quite a chunk of money this season, by going for the classic models.