Cincinnati Meetup

Thighbootguy

I had a delightful dinner with Heelster last night.  We managed to get together at

Fireside Pizza

773 E McMillan St
Cincinnati, OH 45206

The place is an old firehouse that has been converted to a pizza parlor with a bar.

We met in the parking lot where he easily picked me out, being the only person in thigh boots with 5 1/4" stiletto heels.  We walked in and attracted little to no attention as we sat at the bar and had a couple of excellent pizzas.  We found a common subject to chat about (IT and old computers) and spent an hour or so getting to know each other.  I had a great time and it was good to meet another heel fan.
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yep - - - A first for me seeing another guy in heels. Excellent choice for dinner too.

Sitting at a bar in heels was a first - - - kinda. I've been to Applebee's and Chili's, and even Tilted Kilt in heels and sat at bar, but this was a bit different.

Next time in town by myself, I'm think we should do this again.

• 7 months later...

I met with @Heelster this morning in the Fireside parking lot (see above) to give him ten pair of shoes from the @maninpumps collection that were too small for me.  As we all know all size 12s are not the same size.

This meeting was brief since we both had pressing obligations.  We hardly had time to let the engines in our cars stop before we had to get going again.  Since I knew we weren't going in to anyplace, I wore my black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos but this time I paired it with a short denim skirt.  No one said anything but it was obvious this was not normal attire for this neighborhood.  Anyway we transferred the shoes to Heelster's car, chatted for a minute, shook hands and left.  We are going to try to get together again when we will have a bit more time.

Heelster is a real gentleman, and a character that fits right in with the rest of the folks on this board.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Heelster is ... a character that fits right in with the rest of the folks on this board.

That's too bad. I was hoping he was better than that!

:giggle:

Steve

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

That's too bad. I was hoping he was better than that!

:giggle:

Steve

Sorry Steve, but with my schedule this weekend, I didn't have much time to exceed  your expectations.

What TBG didn't mention (or notice) was the local walking through the parking lot. He walks around the other side of his car - - -  and looks again - - - - and grins at me while we are bidding farewell - - - and moves on.

Haven't had the chance to look at what's in the trunk yet. I'll get too it sometime this week.

I did make a stop at the outlet mall on the way home since the highway was littered with state troopers and county mounties. Seems my favorite Nine West shop is closing within the next month, so prices were drastically reduce. Still couldn't find anything In my size that I was interested in. Too bad since I like Nine West and some prices were under $10.00

Heelster,

I was just kidding with that comment. Sounds like you and TBG hit it off well for a first time meeting. Hope you have a chance to get together again, and visit me too one of these days! By all means, post pics what you acquired from him!

Too bad about that outlet shop closing. I like Nine West, too, and a have a couple of pair of their shoes, but I find their sizing is small on me and their US Women's 12 usually doesn't fit me in length.

Steve

29 minutes ago, Steve63130 said:

Sounds like you and TBG hit it off well for a first time meeting.

Steve look back in this thread just a bit, this was our second meeting.  I'm sure we will meet up again. 

One of the pair I gave heelster  were these Nine West heels that were just too small for me to wear comfortably:

GEDC0600.jpg

8 hours ago, Heelster said:

Haven't had the chance to look at what's in the trunk yet. I'll get too it sometime this week.

Don't wait too long to get the shoes out of the trunk.  The potentially high temperatures are really bad for the adhesives holding the shoes together.

4 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Steve look back in this thread just a bit, this was our second meeting.  I'm sure we will meet up again. 

One of the pair I gave heelster  were these Nine West heels that were just too small for me to wear comfortably:

GEDC0600.jpg

Don't wait too long to get the shoes out of the trunk.  The potentially high temperatures are really bad for the adhesives holding the shoes together.

Lucky for me I live in the woods, but I have already taken them out. Saw the pair your showing, but I haven't tried any on yet. Maybe while I'm working the grill this evening - - - !!

TBG,

I guess I missed that. Well, I'm glad you had a chance to see each other again. 

I think I once ordered a pair of those Nine West pumps in black, US women's 12, and I was very disappointed that they were too short. I had to send them back. Too bad, because I really liked the look.

Heelster, I hope they fit you! Wear them well!

Steve

3 hours ago, Heelster said:

Lucky for me I live in the woods, but I have already taken them out. Saw the pair your showing, but I haven't tried any on yet. Maybe while I'm working the grill this evening - - - !!

Folks here is the difference between a very busy man (@Heelster) and a recently retired old guy with time on his hands (Me).  When I got back from meeting with @maninpumps and receiving  25 pair of heels, I spent the afternoon trying them all on. :angel:

• Like 2

TBG , I was in a hurry that day . I had to get to a hospital in Louisville . Mom's health was getting worse . She passed a week later . Had it been under different circumstances that day , we could have had a late lunch or headed over to General Butler State Park . They have a lot of paths there . May be a good place to meet up again . Just an idea.... 

47 minutes ago, maninpumps said:

TBG , I was in a hurry that day . I had to get to a hospital in Louisville . Mom's health was getting worse . She passed a week later . Had it been under different circumstances that day , we could have had a late lunch or headed over to General Butler State Park . They have a lot of paths there . May be a good place to meet up again . Just an idea.... 

I know where that is - - driven by many times. May be within a couple miles of that park in the next week or so.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maninpumps said:

TBG , I was in a hurry that day . I had to get to a hospital in Louisville . Mom's health was getting worse . She passed a week later .

MIP,

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. My condolences.

Steve

21 hours ago, maninpumps said:

I'm sorry for your loss. 

General Butler is approximately  20 minutes from me. I've not considered an adventure there for fear I'd run into someone  I know. But I'm a bit bolder now. I may try that out. 

Well - - the verdict is in - - - @maninpumps - - you've got bigger feet than me. I picked up 10 pair from @Thighbootguy last Saturday morning, and I just tried them on. All 10 are too big for me.

Question is, where should they go from here. Do we list them with pic's and see if anyone else needs size 12 (and a 13), Bring them back south, or make a generous donation to the local Goodwill shops.

Gentlemen - - your call

Edited by Heelster
Links

If you have the time to post pics and brief descriptions of the brand and condition, you might be able to find homes for them here on the forum, especially for those who don't have much money to spend on shoes but would be willing to pay postage. Just a suggestion.

Sorry for your disappointment.

Steve

3 minutes ago, Steve63130 said:

If you have the time to post pics and brief descriptions of the brand and condition, you might be able to find homes for them here on the forum, especially for those who don't have much money to spend on shoes but would be willing to pay postage. Just a suggestion.

Sorry for your disappointment.

Steve

Ahhh - - - just par for the course lately.

Your thought is a consideration. Will see what my other cohorts have to say.

Well Heelster ....sorry for having big feet . :giggle: My opinion , post them , have the individual pay shipping and ask them to make a donation to HHP . I did with Thighbootguy . Giving them to a thrift shop or Goodwill is no good to me . I would rather see a guy wearing heels get them that will use them and enjoy them . 

Heelster , It's up to you . use them for flower pots , lamps , phone holders or whatever you choose . I have faith in your judgement , do with them as you wish .

Respectfully , MIP

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thighbootguy & Heelster

I am spikesmike. Col, Ohio. I haven't been to a high heel meet for some time. Sept. 1, 2016 I am on a plane to England, Germany, & Spain. Will be back

the 15th of Sept.. Then on to Key West in Oct ,27-28-29.  Anytime around those dates,  If you guys are up for a meet I would like to get reacquainted.

You also Steve.    spikesmike

Thanks, Mike. Sep. 1 won't work for me, but the 15th might and those October dates might also. Are you thinking of meeting in Cincinnati (as the title of the thread suggests) or in Columbus?

Steve

Edited by Steve63130

So I just now came across this post, and must say I am excited at the opportunity to meet fellow heelers. I live in Louisville, yet travel to Cincy regularly for work. So if you all are still debating on which city, I would vote for Cincy. As far as dates go, my schedule fluctuates week to week, but if you all set a date far enough in advance, I'm pretty sure I could adjust my schedule to accommodate.

Steve63130

Those dates are the dates I will be in Europe. Out of Country the first two weeks of September and the last weekend of October.

Thighbootguy and Kneeboots . I have no problem meeting in Cincinnati or Louisville or Columbus. The travel distance is nothing to me.

If you check the page---'' Where are they now'' on the Chit Chat page , you will see I have hopes of meeting Eric = elk4712 in Frankfort

Germany between  9-7-2016 & 9-11-2016. Here is hopes of having a great fall fun time.

spikesmike

Just got back from a week in Monterrey again. I know I'm in Canada supposedly in September, Fort Wayne area again sometime in October - - - and who knows when I'm anywhere these days. Possible stop in Kentucky, A maybe in Roanoke, and a planned in South Carolina. I just don't have firmed up dates yet.

All I can say is that I'm working.

Oh - - and one of these days, I'll get around to posting pic's of larger size heels.

Edited by Heelster